Ram 1500 vs Ram 2500 Reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
It's optioned out for Laramie or Sport, I would bet Sport with the color key grill and bumper, but I'm stumped on the heated seats cause that's usually only the Laramie, but it could have been thrown in there when originally purchased... you know how those Canadian's are.

OP
OP
MarkV

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
It's optioned out for Laramie or Sport, I would bet Sport with the color key grill and bumper, but I'm stumped on the heated seats cause that's usually only the Laramie, but it could have been thrown in there when originally purchased... you know how those Canadian's are.
Yea that's what i thought. We up here need heated seats.... its so cold. I know another truck same interior. Exactly same truck just 3500.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Yea that's what i thought. We up here need heated seats.... its so cold. I know another truck same interior. Exactly same truck just 3500.
You never know, it could've been one one of those limited run trims that they throw everything in and if it lands at your dealer you lucked out. They keep coming up with all kinds of only Texas Ram's.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll say Laramie with swapped out bumper an painted grille. As for the price on trucks go. Hd 4x4 trucks will tend to hold there value pretty much anywhere. Also that 5.9 is a big reason for the price an reliability factor

OP
OP
MarkV

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll say Laramie with swapped out bumper an painted grille. As for the price on trucks go. Hd 4x4 trucks will tend to hold there value pretty much anywhere. Also that 5.9 is a big reason for the price an reliability factor
That's what i kinda think..... 5.9 is a good engine. And a good tranny.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Put a 6.7 next to 5.9 and that 5.9 will stomp the 6.7 in the ground (seen it first hand). I also think that the 6.7 would be a great engine if it wasn't being shafted by all the emissions crap packed on it, but 13 MPG vs. 20 or better with 5.9... it's a no brainer.

OP
OP
MarkV

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put a 6.7 next to 5.9 and that 5.9 will stomp the 6.7 in the ground (seen it first hand). I also think that the 6.7 would be a great engine if it wasn't being shafted by all the emissions crap packed on it, but 13 MPG vs. 20 or better with 5.9... it's a no brainer.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I love the no emissions ect

OP
OP
MarkV

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So is that a descent price? They seem to be that or a bit more.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw that it was a manual too , which I'd imagine isn't to to common, that price for having 220k miles is pretty fair/good where I live but I live in the south. So our trucks deff have less rust problems. I'd say it's deff worth a look if your really serious

OP
OP
MarkV

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i have decided im gonna pass on this truck right now. Just so you guys know. Maybe next year..... Need more work then i have time for right now.

Last edited:

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have an 03 Laramie 1500 that has same grille, bumper, interior, etc, minus the heated seats.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Cummins08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If the 2500 you are interested is a diesel then it will last longer. I have had multiple diesel trucks and from experience up too 175k they work great and then Barrings and ball joints start going out and gets expensive. Diesel trucks are more expensive to maintain and keep up. The bonus of having one is the transmission and other components are more heavy duty and last double even triple that of a gasoline truck.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd love to have a diesel for pulling my dump trailer but the reality of it is these days every kid in high school has his dad buy him a diesel so he can put stacks and eBay crap on it and never even come close to using it as a truck. This has driven the cost of diesels through the roof. For the people that want to buy a diesel to actually use as a truck, we will get bent over because there is always a kid with his parents money behind you that just wants one to look cool bro.

I seriously saw a 06 2500 Cummins the other day, 150k miles with stacks and a lift and 35s. Wanted 35k for it. Just because of the bro modifications. That kind of price on a truck like that is a joke.