Ram Box Gun Rack!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason77520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 Ram Rebel and I’ve looked all over to find a gun rack for the Ram Boxes. They made one for the previous generation but is was CRAZY expensive. So I decided to make my own. I found these racks on Amazon and thought with all the swivels and adjustments, they might just work. It's a Kenimoto B1709-01001BK.

When they came in I inspected all the pieces. All the parts were clean and free of any smell or oil. The base, arms, and “tool” holders are all made with very thick sturdy plastic with a matte finish. The holders have rubber grips that are heavy duty. Not too stiff or soft. The base plates are painted gloss black and didn’t scratch easily, even when I dropped one. It came with 3 sets of 6mm socket head cap screws for multiple mounting options. They are steel so you may want to pick up some stainless if you’ll be using them outside a lot. The base plate is made for attaching to tube, but it also came with square bar adapters. The capture straps or bands are made of silicone so it should last longer than rubber. The instructions and diagrams and well written and easy to read… although I rarely read instructions lol!!

The base, arms, and holders have 24 teeth so you can turn and lock in at 15 degree increments. With all of these options, there tons of mounting possibilities! I measured and cut a piece of plywood and transferred the holes up from my Ram Box. I found two bolts in my leftover bolt box to secure the plywood. Then I started mocking up the holders. It took several attempts but I found one that could press one of the fixed holders all the way against the wall and adjust the “inside” holder open. Then I did the same for the 2nd set of holders on the arm. They also have to be placed far enough apart to not interfere with the wheel well. I didn’t have any 6mm nuts, so I used the mounting bracket on the bottom of the plywood. I was able to rotate them into a configuration that would fit my Howa 6.5 Creedmoor 51” rifle with a scope and a shotgun. The rifle rests perfectly against the tripod legs in the front and the tube in the stock at the back. And the door closed! I did have to put the shotgun in rightside up to close the door, but that’s ok. I marked the holes and drilled them out. The bolt pattern is 63mm square. I painted it black and reassembled everything. Perfect fit! This will save a LOT of room inside my truck. It also keeps them out of sight. And it will be easier to take them out of the Ram Box than a traditional case in the back seat. I didn’t try reconfiguring for any of my ARs but I would imagine it would work. I could not be happier with the result and I highly recommend this build to anyone else that is looking for some creative, “tool” holding!!

Btw... these are just for going to the ranch for hunting. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive and I feel better about them in the ram box than gun cases in my back seat while I'm stopping for a leak or bite to eat. They say in the home safe with their buddies 9 months out of the year otherwise. Cheers!

Attachments

• 20230925_183159.jpg
    20230925_183159.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 20230925_183215.jpg
    20230925_183215.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230925_183629.jpg
    20230925_183629.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230925_183635.jpg
    20230925_183635.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230925_183922.jpg
    20230925_183922.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 20230927_165813.jpg
    20230927_165813.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230927_171721.jpg
    20230927_171721.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 20230927_171726.jpg
    20230927_171726.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How did I guess you were from Texas? I'm just jealous...I love Texas - it's my top 3 retire/relocate choices.
I did something similar in my previous truck with Ramboxes, although here in Comy-York it was for my shotguns - can't have big, scary "assault weapons" around here...
Nice job.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I haul 4 guns and a couple ammo cans in my Ramboxes all the time but I never bothered getting racks.
Normally my guns are all in soft cases and 2 of them fit side by side in each box very nicely and don't move around in there with room for an ammo can fore and aft all snug and secure...

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I'd definitely have locking gun racks mounted inside. Especially after what a friend experienced last week and is now short 1 rifle in his collection. It was cased in the trunk and the **** gained vehicle access then ripped out the back seat to get into the trunk. It was in a 4 door sedan parked in front of his home while he was inside. I could only imagine the sickening feeling.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2020 Ram Rebel and I’ve looked all over to find a gun rack for the Ram Boxes. They made one for the previous generation but is was CRAZY expensive. So I decided to make my own. I found these racks on Amazon and thought with all the swivels and adjustments, they might just work. It's a Kenimoto B1709-01001BK.

When they came in I inspected all the pieces. All the parts were clean and free of any smell or oil. The base, arms, and “tool” holders are all made with very thick sturdy plastic with a matte finish. The holders have rubber grips that are heavy duty. Not too stiff or soft. The base plates are painted gloss black and didn’t scratch easily, even when I dropped one. It came with 3 sets of 6mm socket head cap screws for multiple mounting options. They are steel so you may want to pick up some stainless if you’ll be using them outside a lot. The base plate is made for attaching to tube, but it also came with square bar adapters. The capture straps or bands are made of silicone so it should last longer than rubber. The instructions and diagrams and well written and easy to read… although I rarely read instructions lol!!

The base, arms, and holders have 24 teeth so you can turn and lock in at 15 degree increments. With all of these options, there tons of mounting possibilities! I measured and cut a piece of plywood and transferred the holes up from my Ram Box. I found two bolts in my leftover bolt box to secure the plywood. Then I started mocking up the holders. It took several attempts but I found one that could press one of the fixed holders all the way against the wall and adjust the “inside” holder open. Then I did the same for the 2nd set of holders on the arm. They also have to be placed far enough apart to not interfere with the wheel well. I didn’t have any 6mm nuts, so I used the mounting bracket on the bottom of the plywood. I was able to rotate them into a configuration that would fit my Howa 6.5 Creedmoor 51” rifle with a scope and a shotgun. The rifle rests perfectly against the tripod legs in the front and the tube in the stock at the back. And the door closed! I did have to put the shotgun in rightside up to close the door, but that’s ok. I marked the holes and drilled them out. The bolt pattern is 63mm square. I painted it black and reassembled everything. Perfect fit! This will save a LOT of room inside my truck. It also keeps them out of sight. And it will be easier to take them out of the Ram Box than a traditional case in the back seat. I didn’t try reconfiguring for any of my ARs but I would imagine it would work. I could not be happier with the result and I highly recommend this build to anyone else that is looking for some creative, “tool” holding!!
Nice.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I'd definitely have locking gun racks mounted inside. Especially after what a friend experienced last week and is now short 1 rifle in his collection. It was cased in the trunk and the **** gained vehicle access then ripped out the back seat to get into the trunk. It was in a 4 door sedan parked in front of his home while he was inside. I could only imagine the sickening feeling.
I have a buddy in Texas who spent quite a bit on a behind the rear seat gunsafe for his GMC AT4 to keep his guns secure...
It availed him not-at-all when thieves stole his entire truck...

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have a buddy in Texas who spent quite a bit on a behind the rear seat gunsafe for his GMC AT4 to keep his guns secure...
It availed him not-at-all when thieves stole his entire truck...

No matter what we do to prevent theft, it's seemingly never enough for thieves to still get around all means to take something we worked so hard for.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
No matter what we do to prevent theft, it's seemingly never enough for thieves to still get around all means to take something we worked so hard for.

Correct. The moral of the story is I never leave my firearms unattended. Either its on person or I'm carrying it back into the house to secure. Leaving it in my truck without me around is not happening. Especially overnight while I'm asleep, no matter how secure I think it is.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct. The moral of the story is I never leave my firearms unattended. Either its on person or I'm carrying it back into the house to secure. Leaving it in my truck without me around is not happening. Especially overnight while I'm asleep, no matter how secure I think it is.
I have left mine in my truck over night here and there. But it's not something I do often. And even then I have a console safe so unless they do like Franks buddy and take the whole truck, my pew-pew is safe(ish). Mine are as they should be, on my person or safe at home.

1911LVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L SO
Only problem I see is what happens if (when) your truck gets hits on that side? You just lost all our precious!

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How did I guess you were from Texas? I'm just jealous...I love Texas - it's my top 3 retire/relocate choices.
I did something similar in my previous truck with Ramboxes, although here in Comy-York it was for my shotguns - can't have big, scary "assault weapons" around here...
Nice job.
...plus since the passage of New York's CCIA, any firearm in an unattended vehicle must be in a locked, metal, fireproof storage. I don't think Ram Boxes apply, unfortunately.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 99248 miles.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordering RIGHT now! Thanks for the post. The ATV racks I have only allow one gun because opf the latch loop being in the way, this solves that problem with the swivels!

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you check the rambox, you will find 4 screws inside, just replace with longer ones and you won't need that board.

Can you close the rambox? I think the lock block the gun.

ALScott

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you guys think the vibration in the bed of a truck could affect a scope? I have always avoided putting my guns back there due to rough ride of a truck bed. I am picking up a Limited Saturday and with air suspension it may not be as bad, who knows.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do you guys think the vibration in the bed of a truck could affect a scope? I have always avoided putting my guns back there due to rough ride of a truck bed. I am picking up a Limited Saturday and with air suspension it may not be as bad, who knows.
As long as your scope is tight in the rings, vibration shouldn't do anything to it. Whacking the scope against the bed side will, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357