Ram Box- yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Some people hate them, others like myself love them. I'm going to try very hard to never buy another truck without them (hopefully the 5th gen has something similar). As Cardhu stated, although I don't ice fish, I throw all my winter gear in there (tow straps, D ring, light ice chains, etc.), just in case. You also get a nice bed divider/extender when you get the Ramboxes, which is very handy as well!

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t miss them on my truck.
With them the bed looks very small somehow. I do however understand that some really love it depending on their hobbies etc....

Old Fart

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had similar boxes and bed size on my Avalanche...and I do miss them. Got used to having all my tools, booster cables, etc in them. Whenever I will be replacing the PW, I will be looking at the ram box.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I suppose if someone had similar storage boxes like these on a prior vehicle, I guess I could see how that person would get used to having something like that and see it as a valuable accessory.

I’ve never had them, honestly never ever thought I would need something like that because for the longest time, I’ve always had one of the ole, Autozone-special, Delta toolboxes or equivalent across the bedrails on almost every pickup I’ve ever owned to stow my stuff like that. Had a car before my current Ram so I just kept all that in the trunk, which really wasn’t much.

Ever since putting my tonneau cover on several months ago, i just got the storage solutions I mentioned earlier for storing stuff but before the tonneau, I didn’t carry much, just a few straps, little-bitty socket set, and a trailer-plug adapter stored under my rear seat behind the subwoofer box. The receiver hitch and jumper cables just stayed at home.

I guess I can understand and really appreciate the Ram Box Cargo Management System but I don’t think it’s for me. I could always just get me an aftermarket bed extender or, I could just continue using my little ratcheting load bar I bought at Oreiley’s while it’s all tucked away outta sight and outta mind under my hard tonneau cover I plan to eventually buy for my new pickup when that day comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rage32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Grocery Hauler

Maybe no one wants to admit it so I will. I use my Ram Boxes every week for hauling groceries!! I can fit a whole cart full using both sides. The one side is extra deep which is a perfect fit for that gallon of milk and it, along with your other frozen foods, stay nice and cold on the way home in the winter. I also put eggs in the middle section and have never had a problem with them breaking on the way home. If you ever need to justify the added expense, this is how you sell it to your wife! haha (warning: she might take the truck grocery shopping every once in awhile)

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maybe no one wants to admit it so I will. I use my Ram Boxes every week for hauling groceries!! I can fit a whole cart full using both sides. The one side is extra deep which is a perfect fit for that gallon of milk and it, along with your other frozen foods, stay nice and cold on the way home in the winter. I also put eggs in the middle section and have never had a problem with them breaking on the way home. If you ever need to justify the added expense, this is how you sell it to your wife! haha (warning: she might take the truck grocery shopping every once in awhile)

Gives a new meaning to the term "Grocery Getter"....

I do agree though...I've put beer and groceries in them all the time. Very handy!