RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motivology

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Just talked to a RAM rep online chat and she had no idea about it. My truck never had any recalls up to date. She doesn't even know that my truck would be included in this recall/buy-back program either... although, there were certain times I thought the steering wheel was pretty loose when turning on highway and even in the city.

Hm... :think::think:

My truck: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like some of the employee's don't even have the answers. This has only been going on for a week or so--maybe we should just wait for a few weeks before we get all lathered up. Accurate communications in an organization that size has to be a nightmare.
Jay

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
All I think anyone will get at this time will be assumptions. Until the call center reps and dealership reps get the final work, that's all this is.

I never received a tie rod end recall. Is that new or an old one? I'll just go buy some Moogs before I trade in my truck or wait for ever to have it fixed. ;)

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
All I think anyone will get at this time will be assumptions. Until the call center reps and dealership reps get the final work, that's all this is.

I never received a tie rod end recall. Is that new or an old one? I'll just go buy some Moogs before I trade in my truck or wait for ever to have it fixed. ;)

when I had my '10, I dropped it off for an oil change and got a call 2 hours later saying that they replaced my tie rod ends due to a pending recall.

I was like....alrighty then:love51:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's to bad that proactive dealerships like that are far and few between.
Jay

G_Altima

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Brought my truck in to have the tires rotated and they told me the tie rod ends were going to hell. Got the new Moog's I ordered in the mail a few days before this story broke. Never had a tie rod end recall on my truck but was told these should fix the problem. Good enough for me.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the long morning read guys. from this i have determined that my 2009 4x4 crew laramie which had the pinion nut recall performed twice IS covered under this action Per the recall N08. However the other 4 specified seem to cover the heavier duty 2500 and up series trucks.

Prior to my purchase of the truck it seems L04 was performed as a "Campaign" to prevent a recall. https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/L04.pdf

That said when I hit a pot hole or a decent bump, the front end does Rattle pretty good for a second or so before smoothing out. Not sure if that is the issue you guys are talking about. I know I have replaced both hub assemblies (had to dissamble upper control arm ball joint to do so.

Edit,

I dont want a refund, but may accept help in a trade as I have had other issues with the truck.

Mr_BS

Reaction score
I just bought my used '09 this past winter, not knowing it had any recalls on it till now. Come to find out I have the N08 recall, and it apparently was never done by the previous owner. Now I guess I will see how this plays out and go from there.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Thanks for the long morning read guys. from this i have determined that my 2009 4x4 crew laramie which had the pinion nut recall performed twice IS covered under this action Per the recall N08. However the other 4 specified seem to cover the heavier duty 2500 and up series trucks.

Prior to my purchase of the truck it seems L04 was performed as a "Campaign" to prevent a recall. https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/L04.pdf

That said when I hit a pot hole or a decent bump, the front end does Rattle pretty good for a second or so before smoothing out. Not sure if that is the issue you guys are talking about. I know I have replaced both hub assemblies (had to dissamble upper control arm ball joint to do so.

Edit,

I dont want a refund, but may accept help in a trade as I have had other issues with the truck.

My 2014, front end does something similar, but seems ok tuck has 11k on it, I'm thinking Fiat never really fixed these issues even on the newer trucks and more recalls will be eminent.

The worst part about this is we have all known how bad Fiat and the dealerships have been treating us when it comes to fixing these trucks now the rest of the truck buying public knows as well. That said I'm sure this news will eventually hurt owners of affected trucks in the resale value going down the crapper. But even the unaffected trucks will be harder to sell / trade in for a decent price.

It seems strange that a lot of these issues all correspond to the gradual FIAT take over that started around 2009 I think. FIAT has been and always will be synonymous with JUNK!!!!!

Just my 2 pennies

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

I never received a tie-rod recall either. I did have the pinon nut fixed and the HVAC recall done twice.

So you guys are saying if I had the pinon nut fixed, that qualify s for the buy back. That's crazy.

lcmonroe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I never received a tie-rod recall either. I did have the pinon nut fixed and the HVAC recall done twice.

So you guys are saying if I had the pinon nut fixed, that qualify s for the buy back. That's crazy.

I don't know what to believe anymore. What HVAC recall did you have? I had to have my HVAC fix twice but was told there wasn't a recall on it and had to pay for it myself.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I don't know what to believe anymore. What HVAC recall did you have? I had to have my HVAC fix twice but was told there wasn't a recall on it and had to pay for it myself.

Well, I think it was more like a TSB. I will have to look it up again.

But oneday when shutting my truck off there was a loud popping noise behind the dash. Sound like somebody wasn't beating the F out of my dash.

Google searched and found it's a common issue and there's a bulletin about it.
Took it too the dealer and they looked up the issue and seemed they knew about it.

They did a re-program and that was good for about it year. Then it did it again. Took it too the dealer again and they replaced the modules.

Didn't have to pay anything.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Screw it!!! I'm gettin' a Ford!!!!

........uh....no! :roflsquared:

lcmonroe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, I think it was more like a TSB. I will have to look it up again.

But oneday when shutting my truck off there was a loud popping noise behind the dash. Sound like somebody wasn't beating the F out of my dash.

Google searched and found it's a common issue and there's a bulletin about it.
Took it too the dealer and they looked up the issue and seemed they knew about it.

They did a re-program and that was good for about it year. Then it did it again. Took it too the dealer again and they replaced the modules.

Didn't have to pay anything.

Yep, I had the same issue twice. They made me pay for it both times since there wasn't a recall for my year. I got hosed for sure.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

It was another "Campaign". My truck had it done prior to my Purchase.

https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/K17.pdf

According to Fiat definitions:

What is a safety recall?
Safety recalls include any problem encountered with an FCA US product related to the safe operation of the vehicle or the safety of the occupants. FCA US will correct the problem, at no charge, even if the vehicle is out of warranty and you are not the original owner.

What is a campaign?
A campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern. There are two types:
Emissions Recall - Emissions are problems related to the Federal emissions warranty standards. FCA US will correct the problem, at no charge, even if the vehicle is out of warranty and you are not the original owner.
Customer Satisfaction Notification - Customer Satisfaction Notifications are preventive in nature and involve warranty or customer satisfaction issues such as non-safety repairs. FCA US will correct the problem, at no charge, even if the vehicle is out of warranty and you are not the original owner.

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks like with my build date of 7/10 on my 1500 cc 4x4 big horn I am out of luck