ram sales better than siverado in march

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
Last edited:

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The Silverado is pretty new. Production and availability are probably big factors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the new GM trucks are ugly. Could they have made it any more boxy??? Every part of that truck is a rectangle or a square, I am suprised they were able to make the wheels round!

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I test drove one after I test drove the hemi ram. I asked the dealer if he was sure the parking brake wasn't on. LOL

Ram-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Massive recalls probably also played a role here. I wouldn't buy one with the amount of recalls across GM brands right now. They've issued stop sales on a lot of platforms as well.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Massive recalls probably also played a role here. I wouldn't buy one with the amount of recalls across GM brands right now. They've issued stop sales on a lot of platforms as well.

No manufacturer is immuned to that. Chrysler just recalled 870,000 vehicles worldwide, so I hope that isn't it.

Chrysler recalls 870,000 SUVs - Apr. 2, 2014

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recalls happen with all manufacturers and are often blown out of proportion. People start to think those affected vehicles are now death-machines. Any manufacturer can have the bad luck to purchase parts for production that are later found defective.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 6.2L in my Camaro, and the 5.7L Hemi doesn't even compare. I like my Ram, but trashing GM'S products so generically is just fanboyism.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

No trashing going on here bro. "Lol" would indicate a joke or at least a poke at fun. The only serious thing I said about GM is I think the current truck designs are ugly, and that's just my opinion and it should not be taken personal.

And ofcourse the 5.7 doesn't even compare to the 6.2 in the Camaro, they are completely different animals.

Cheers!

Last edited:

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 6.2L in my Camaro, and the 5.7L Hemi doesn't even compare. I like my Ram, but trashing GM'S products so generically is just fanboyism.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Lighten up dude. This is a Ram forum, after all. Besides, a more even comparison to that camaro would be a 6.4 hemi challenger.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Lighten up dude. This is a Ram forum, after all. Besides, a more even comparison to that camaro would be a 6.4 hemi challenger.

I know this is a Ram forum and I'm not upset. I just happen to like both brands.

The 6.4L Challenger was more than $12k more expensive than my Camaro. I like it, but the performance to dollar ratio didn't compare.

I'd like to drive the Silverado with the 6.2L to see what it feels like. I really like it in my Camaro.

Big Tool

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is a Ram forum and I'm not upset. I just happen to like both brands.

The 6.4L Challenger was more than $12k more expensive than my Camaro. I like it, but the performance to dollar ratio didn't compare.

I'd like to drive the Silverado with the 6.2L to see what it feels like. I really like it in my Camaro.

It's surprisingly underwhelming....:thumbs down:

I was stoked about the new 6.2 silverado based on the specs, but the one I test drove just seemed horribly unresponsive.

It would get up and go no doubt, but it had to downshift and rev to get the butt dyno registering. The hemi 8 speed seems much more responsive especially at lower rpm where you want truck power.

Seemed like the AFM was slow to engage all 8 cylinders, and then the tranny was slow to lock up the torque converter.

Ride was also rough and twitchy compared to the ram. The one I drove was a 2014 high country 4x4.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe these are US sales only. In Canada Ram has consistently outsold Silverado for awhile now and in total vehicle sales Chrysler outsold GM the last couple years. First three months of this year Chrysler is almost 10% ahead of Ford in total vehicles for number one. I think this Canadian trend will slowly migrate south of the border and Ram outselling Silverado will be the norm. I know 2 people personally in Ontario that have had their 2014 GM trucks burn. The latest one burnt the house as well. The auto and home insurance both say it is not their problem but GM's. The poor customer is still waiting..... Gm can't afford any more screw ups and bad press. For the record I too have a Camaro in my stable and have owned lots of GMs.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe these are US sales only. In Canada Ram has consistently outsold Silverado for awhile now and in total vehicle sales Chrysler outsold GM the last couple years. First three months of this year Chrysler is almost 10% ahead of Ford in total vehicles for number one. I think this Canadian trend will slowly migrate south of the border and Ram outselling Silverado will be the norm. I know 2 people personally in Ontario that have had their 2014 GM trucks burn. The latest one burnt the house as well. The auto and home insurance both say it is not their problem but GM's. The poor customer is still waiting..... Gm can't afford any more screw ups and bad press. For the record I too have a Camaro in my stable and have owned lots of GMs.

Hat's off to Ram Canada. Apparently, the Canadians know a great truck when they see it! :cheers:

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never owned a ram before.
I test drove chevy, ford, and ram.
I expected to buy another ford, but the ram impressed me the most and the dealer was surprisingly willing to deal.
Ford dealer seemed arrogant when I made an offer.

The chevy was underwhelming to me.
I really did ask the dealer if the parking brake was on. Sounds funny, but it happened.
Maybe something was wrong with that truck. That's why I asked the dealer.
It didn't measure up to either the Ram or Ford IMO.

I felt the Ram dealer really wanted me to buy his truck too. He made it very easy.
When I told him I had drove the other trucks he just said that if I want the Ram make him a reasonable offer and he'd try to put me in it.

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here. My local dealer was very, very good to me and gave me a hell of a deal. I am not a die-hard Ram fan, but I am enjoying this truck much more than my previous 3 x F150s and 1 x Titan trucks.
I sold my beloved Porsche and bought this truck with no regrets (other than maybe I should have kept the Porsche AND bought this truck). :)
I like what Chrysler is doing both with the Rams and the Grand Cherokees. If had to get rid of my Ram, I would get the Grand Cherokee SRT8!

Good luck GM, good luck...

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Honestly, should've happened sooner. I was raised a GM guy, started restoring a 69 Chevelle at 14 for myself and had it done in 2 years. Then quickly noticed how much beefier a 2000 Dakota was than a comparable s10 and went with the Dakota. Then I graduated to a few different fords, and along the way I've had two rams. I can't say I like
The ram or F series better, because they're both awesome and have certain strengths but I can honestly say I would not own a silveradwhore or a gmc slutterra. They're still polishing a late 90's **** it seems.