Rambox lid adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlafollette07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone adjusted the lids on a rambox? Both of mine sit about 1/2 High and the body lines are off. Both are shut good and the latch clicks twice.

8e35950be40d8619ecd1a1840af87b33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine are the same way. There is no adjustment built into them. I love my Ramboxes but that is one thing I dislike about them.
They need to be redesigned with 2 latches each 1/4 of the way in from the end of each lid. That and they should be made of aluminum instead of fiberglass/plastic that way the sun and temperatures would not make the lids warp and twist as the Temps go up and down.
I've tried to adjust the latches myself but it never really did much good.
I've finally just accepted the fact that this is just how they are gonna be.
I still live the Ramboxes though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

txcobowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SSV
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told by a Master Tech at the dealership that there is no adjustment. I had asked because I get a little bit of water in mine when I wash the truck.

OP
OP
jlafollette07

jlafollette07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried slotting the Bolt holes and moving the latch around but it doesn't help much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outkast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
must be an issue with the newer trucks bc mine is a 2010 with a rambox and my lids look good. i noticed a newer ram last week with the rambox and his lids where about a half inch higher than they should be.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
must be an issue with the newer trucks bc mine is a 2010 with a rambox and my lids look good. i noticed a newer ram last week with the rambox and his lids where about a half inch higher than they should be.
That's interesting. I wander what they changed? Mine is a 2014 and my lids don't line up.

Brett StGermain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine are the same way. There is no adjustment built into them. I love my Ramboxes but that is one thing I dislike about them.
They need to be redesigned with 2 latches each 1/4 of the way in from the end of each lid. That and they should be made of aluminum instead of fiberglass/plastic that way the sun and temperatures would not make the lids warp and twist as the Temps go up and down.
I've tried to adjust the latches myself but it never really did much good.
I've finally just accepted the fact that this is just how they are gonna be.
I still live the Ramboxes though.

I have had success with my rambox lid adjustment. I've had the truck 4 years and the drivers side lid would not close tight like the passenger side. Finally made the time to fittle with it this morning. What I found was that the mechinism on the lid cannot be adjusted enough in my case, so I focused on the hook or eye that is bolted on the box itself. Two bolts and two small nuts I removed and shimmed about 1/4" if not more with washers between the box itself and the plate with the hook. I did have to get longer bolts and discard the studs that the two nuts went on. This changes the angle on the hook so when the lid is closed it brings it closer to the gaskets. I also turned in the stops on each end of the box itself with allen wrench so the lid will go further down. Now it fits tight like the passenger side. Just my two cents with my truck.

Zigi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
I had a 2016 that they adjusted to where it was acceptable but my 2018 is sticking up a 1/2”. These door warp. I am having it replaced tomorrow. Takes a few days because they have to install, adjust and paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500