Random radio on after ignition off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJRAMGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what would cause Uconnect 4C no Nav to turn on at random ? I go to my truck in the morning with doors locked, ignition off and radio display on and playing. Enter vehicle, turn ignition on then off to shut off radio. It only happens on occasion.

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not sure how applicable, but my radio would stay on after the car turned off and I couldn't figure out why. Turned out my battery was on it's last legs. Replaced my battery and everything was fine

OP
OP
NJRAMGUY

NJRAMGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I only have 850 miles on the vehicle. Im not sure how these systems are turned on and off. im wondering if they use a RF radio signal to trigger on and off. Im located about 6miles from an airport and my house is in a commercial jet decending path for Frontier Airlines. Im wondering if some harmonic frequency radio wave could cause this ??? Does anyone know how this system works ?

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So probably not the same issue. Hopefully someone smarter can chime in

OP
OP
NJRAMGUY

NJRAMGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate that info for the future RedFalcon. If that ever happens, Ill know what it is. These new systems are all electronically controlled. No more simple 12 volts through an on/off switch. Its all about the buck !!!

OP
OP
NJRAMGUY

NJRAMGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took truck to the dealer. I provided them with a video and they sent it to FCA. FCA provided a test procedure. They determined that the problem is in the radio. They ordered a new radio. I will update when radio is installed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca