Rattle/Buzzing sound coming from steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Faraverage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Noticed a rattling sound/Buzzing in my 2016 rebel that sounds like it is coming from steering column or under the instrument cluster on left side. It only occurs at higher speeds (55 mph and up) and doesn't always rattle. Needless to say I cannot locate it and it drives me batty when it happens. I've attached a sound file (in the form of PowerPoint) to give a better idea of what is plaguing me. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Rattle,buzz sound.zip
    636.5 KB · Views: 24

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have what sounds to be the exact same issue on my 2020 Rebel. It has been present since the day I bought the truck brand new. It has been in a dealership 3 times, and the dealership has acknowledged it exists, but cannot figure it out. Basically is going to turn out to be another "go fly a kite" attitude from the brand, which is steering me away from ending my two decade loyalty to the brand. All of the brands run into problems at some point, but if Ram can't fix problems in their trucks, it's over for me.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They finally figured it out. It was the hood release cable. Hope this helps, if you haven't already figured it out.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Noticed a rattling sound/Buzzing in my 2016 rebel that sounds like it is coming from steering column or under the instrument cluster on left side. It only occurs at higher speeds (55 mph and up) and doesn't always rattle. Needless to say I cannot locate it and it drives me batty when it happens. I've attached a sound file (in the form of PowerPoint) to give a better idea of what is plaguing me. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated.

They finally figured it out. It was the hood release cable. They replaced it with a new one and it solved the problem. Hope this helps, if you haven't already figured it out.
They finally figured it out. It was the hood release cable. Hope this helps, if you haven't already figured it out.

PT-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was the cable loose, or how did they fix it? Replace or tighten? I have a weird rattle noise that seems to be coming from my steering column, but it only happens on highway when I go over cracks/seams in the highway. Driving me nuts!!!

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Was the cable loose, or how did they fix it? Replace or tighten? I have a weird rattle noise that seems to be coming from my steering column, but it only happens on highway when I go over cracks/seams in the highway. Driving me nuts!!!

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, I haven't been on here in a few months. They replaced it. It solved the issue completely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank