Rattling Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rcmorton3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To update you all. I got my wife to drive me around while I hung my head out the window like a dog. Realized after all this that the noise, while it sounded like it was coming from the rear, was coming from the front. Got under it, the heat/dust shield (not sure what this actually called) on the back of the rotor had some play. Gave a few tugs to pull out the slack and it fixed the problem. I kind of feel like an idiot, haha. I appreciate all your insight and help.

Now, to put the passenger running board back on, but I'm actually kind of liking the way it looks without it. On or off? thought?

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To update you all. I got my wife to drive me around while I hung my head out the window like a dog. Realized after all this that the noise, while it sounded like it was coming from the rear, was coming from the front. Got under it, the heat/dust shield (not sure what this actually called) on the back of the rotor had some play. Gave a few tugs to pull out the slack and it fixed the problem. I kind of feel like an idiot, haha. I appreciate all your insight and help.

Now, to put the passenger running board back on, but I'm actually kind of liking the way it looks without it. On or off? thought?

Put it back on for the Ladies and the kiddos!

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I’m all for off, but my wife’s a sawed off little.......beautiful woman so my boards stay on.

Rocketjam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had same issues on 2010, ended up being baffle in muffler and when reving up engine would rattle up the tailpipe

lazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi5.7
Thanks for getting back to us, glad you found the problem.