Rc 3” lift level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looking at getting the rough country 3” lift level kit with N3 shocks and struts for my 13 ram 1500 its complete kits 2 shocks and spacers rear 2 lifted struts and upper control arms front does anyone have any imput as to how this kit handles and drives
I have a bad upper control arm and shocks are worn so figured might as well milti task with this install

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Better options out there if ride quality is a concern.
Quickshifter and Nick@GotExhaust are the resident experts
Would recommend adjustable Bils for the lift/level

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just looking for input on ride quality does it make it ride better and or better than it is now or does it ride like a log Waggon after install either way the kit is already ordered as it was the cheapest kit that had everything i needed shocks and struts all around upper control arms while also lifting and leveling its a truck by no means do i expect it to ride like a cadilack

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know others on the forum have complained about ride and quality when it comes to RC. Might be fine for your use. I can say the Bilsiten 6112 shocks i am using have improved the ride while leveling the truck. You know how forums are, either things are great or they are complaining about something.

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My shocks are already worn out and it gets pretty bouncy at times and one of my upper control arms has bad bushings so i would hope it improves over that but if not i suppose it is what it is

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sure it will be better than the worn out parts/shocks you are replacing. Can always look at upgrading shocks later if time/budget allow.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at getting the rough country 3” lift level kit with N3 shocks and struts for my 13 ram 1500 its complete kits 2 shocks and spacers rear 2 lifted struts and upper control arms front does anyone have any imput as to how this kit handles and drives
I have a bad upper control arm and shocks are worn so figured might as well milti task with this install
I did the RC 4” and upgraded the shocks then did +70 general springs.it took two try’s to get it all lined up,but it turned out ok. Wish I wouldn’t have bought new tires before I decided to lift it. I have alot of pics because i helped my vette guy whose a RC dealer do it.B4&after.IMG_3164.jpegIMG_0538.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah i got the tires already general grabber atx 33” just want to give it a little more stance and level it out the rake drives me crazy

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Baught it used relatively low miles but previous owner swapped it from 17s to 20” put the general grabber atx 33” tires on it low road noise but great traction done a few things under the hood interior and exterior mods just need to get the right stance to finish it up will post photos later

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Baught it used relatively low miles but previous owner swapped it from 17s to 20” put the general grabber atx 33” tires on it low road noise but great traction done a few things under the hood interior and exterior mods just need to get the right stance to finish it up will post photos later
Definitely needs more hp.I bought a tradesman new and did a blower waiting on long tubes,duals to retune

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Start off its a 2013 1500 bright white 5.7 65rfe outdoorsman crew cab short box
List of everything done
shorty headers
rc cold air intake
oil catch can pcv delete
Converted from single to dual exhaust with flowmaster flow fx muffler
V6 e fan conversion
192 thermostat
Diablo sport tuner running modified stock tune mds off cooling fan tuning and soon to be rc 3” lift level kit

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Start off its a 2013 1500 bright white 5.7 65rfe outdoorsman crew cab short box
List of everything done
shorty headers
rc cold air intake
oil catch can pcv delete
Converted from single to dual exhaust with flowmaster flow fx muffler
V6 e fan conversion
192 thermostat
Diablo sport tuner running modified stock tune mds off cooling fan tuning and soon to be rc 3” lift level kit
I wouldn’t put rough country suspension parts on any truck even if it was free.
That said a 3” lift is too much on a 4th Gen with 33’s. Anything over 2.5” of lift require angle correction upper control arms. The best bang for the buck tried and true method proved on this forum by the thousands are the Bilstein 5100 series. If your budget is stronger than step up to where you’re comfortable but with a 33” tire I would stay under 2.5” regardless so the Fox 2.0 coilover would be a great option already pre built and set at 2”

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The 3” rc kit comes with corrected upper control arms this was one of the reasons i chose it as i already needed upper control arms as one had bad bushings that and the price if budget were not an issue i probably would have chose another brand

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The 3” rc kit comes with corrected upper control arms this was one of the reasons i chose it as i already needed upper control arms as one had bad bushings that and the price if budget were not an issue i probably would have chose another brand
Bilstein with a mevotech UCA would save a few dollars and the geometry is better. Front Diff's and CV axles arent cheap and I replace them daily. Unfortunately
I would rather be installing cool stuff on trucks than fixing what others have ruined. Guys run RC products all the time and their marketing team does a great job advertising so like bose that is where the money goes not into R&D
I dont like to be negative but I see too much and feel its right to warn folks

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 what Quick_Shifter recommends. Back in 2019 I followed Quicks and Nick at gotexhaust advice and went with Bilstein 5100’s and Mevotech UCA’s. Four years later I’m happy I did what they recommended. Not one problem with that setup. Granted I don’t do any real off roading aside from grassy fields and logging roads. The Bilsteins still ride like new and offer less body roll while the Mevotechs are on the original ball joint and not a spot of rust. At the 2.1 inch setting my CV angles aren’t stressed and I can run 34’s without issue.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
+1 what Quick_Shifter recommends. Back in 2019 I followed Quicks and Nick at gotexhaust advice and went with Bilstein 5100’s and Mevotech UCA’s. Four years later I’m happy I did what they recommended. Not one problem with that setup. Granted I don’t do any real off roading aside from grassy fields and logging roads. The Bilsteins still ride like new and offer less body roll while the Mevotechs are on the original ball joint and not a spot of rust. At the 2.1 inch setting my CV angles aren’t stressed and I can run 34’s without issue.
Thank you. I touch the stuff every day but Nick is one of our preferred vendors that offers forum member discounts on these parts. In my opinion not enough members take advantage of how good Nick@gotexhaust is.
There are tons of threads on here proving that set up with the 13+ UCA’s popping ball joints it used to be a very big topic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neuropathysux