Rear bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m currently looking at swapping my rear bump stops. It’s not required since I’m only lifted 1” and my rear extended bilstein shocks are not long enough to cause any issues. I see the sumo springs and they look nice. Anyone have experience with them off-roading? Don’t want to hurt my suspension travel to much but wondering if swapping rear bump stops would be beneficial at all? I’m sure the stock bump stops are fine and I can’t really say I’ve ever bottomed out since here in south Florida most everything is flat or just washboard dirt roads after the rain.
74E99E19-3C3F-460F-A8AE-859C96C7B6DF.jpeg DC98F232-C456-4454-95CF-ECEBE3554135.jpeg E86F2881-8032-4584-A1B4-0C75BA043164.jpeg

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I’m currently looking at swapping my rear bump stops. It’s not required since I’m only lifted 1” and my rear extended bilstein shocks are not long enough to cause any issues. I see the sumo springs and they look nice. Anyone have experience with them off-roading? Don’t want to hurt my suspension travel to much but wondering if swapping rear bump stops would be beneficial at all? I’m sure the stock bump stops are fine and I can’t really say I’ve ever bottomed out since here in south Florida most everything is flat or just washboard dirt roads after the rain.
View attachment 215472 View attachment 215471 View attachment 215470

I've researched to the point really haven't found anyone using them online. I was considering these but I need to raise up the axle side bump stop pad.

https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Ram/1500/2015/TDRTT1500.html?VehicleID=201510782

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the ultimate goal heavy load support or soften up the blow of your rear suspension while offroading ?
The Timbren version for the RAM (SES) are more designed for those looking for heavy load control. They'll be a good adition if you have a work truck and carry weight on factory coil springs. Their "Active offroad" version will be the ones you will want if you were looking as a cheap air jounce option without having to pay for air cans but they don't have that version specific for the RAM. i'd think the SES version is going to be too be harsh especially offroad not counting you might hinder uptravel in you suspension because how hard they're. They won't give like the stockers.

The Summos should be softer (Blue version) but they're also way longer than stock and in the RAM application they seem designed with the same heavy load control in mind. They'll rest against the bumpstop pad if you had factory coils. They advertise 1000lbs support at 50% compression for the blue ones so they should help with sag, the problem will be how much of your suspension travel will be lost because of that heavy load support ?

If you look at the Jeep versions of summo springs for example from Metalcloack, you'll see they're a tad longer than stock, and they're not designed to control weight or prevent sag and they're not resting against the bumpstop pads. They're there to soften up the blow of the suspension as you manage to travel across the dirt and they'll allow your suspension to move. They hard enough to prevent your shocks from bottoming out and soft/progressive enough to help dampen the hits. plus the're $89 for 4 of them instead of $300 for just 2 ").
I think if the RAM versions were 3" shorter they will serve a pupose offroad. but It'll be an expensive test to find out how much lenght we need for them to be worthy offroad.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the ultimate goal heavy load support or soften up the blow of your rear suspension while offroading ?
The Timbren version for the RAM (SES) are more designed for those looking for heavy load control. They'll be a good adition if you have a work truck and carry weight on factory coil springs. Their "Active offroad" version will be the ones you will want if you were looking as a cheap air jounce option without having to pay for air cans but they don't have that version specific for the RAM. i'd think the SES version is going to be too be harsh especially offroad not counting you might hinder uptravel in you suspension because how hard they're. They won't give like the stockers.

The Summos should be softer (Blue version) but they're also way longer than stock and in the RAM application they seem designed with the same heavy load control in mind. They'll rest against the bumpstop pad if you had factory coils. They advertise 1000lbs support at 50% compression for the blue ones so they should help with sag, the problem will be how much of your suspension travel will be lost because of that heavy load support ?

If you look at the Jeep versions of summo springs for example from Metalcloack, you'll see they're a tad longer than stock, and they're not designed to control weight or prevent sag and they're not resting against the bumpstop pads. They're there to soften up the blow of the suspension as you manage to travel across the dirt and they'll allow your suspension to move. They hard enough to prevent your shocks from bottoming out and soft/progressive enough to help dampen the hits. plus the're $89 for 4 of them instead of $300 for just 2 ").
I think if the RAM versions were 3" shorter they will serve a pupose offroad. but It'll be an expensive test to find out how much lenght we need for them to be worthy offroad.
Yes looking for more off-road purpose at preventing bottoming our. Could you possibly link those Jeep ones so I can check them out please

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That second one looks promising. May have to research and see if it’ll fit the stock bump stock location
Pop one of the stockers out and measure the base, then call MC and tell them what you're trying to do. The Jeep offroading aftermarket community is a lot more open than our RAM one and they might be able to help you out with measurements and if they don't fit they'll probably take the part back no questions asked. I have a bunch of Jeep parts in my truck because of that :)

Last edited:

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to see. Taking another lead on a new house now. Wish me luck... hopefully ends up better than the last one.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I nominate @revitupmoto33 or @ram1500rsm or @crazykid1994. And once we figure this out, I will be copying said individual like I’ve been doing for the last few months ;)
I have the Wheeler super bumps on order which have more of a progressive tune. Will they fit in the oem cup, unlikely but would be nice. Planning on cutting out the oem cup anyways to set full bump on the wheelers just before full bump on the shocks.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks. COVID round 2 sounds like it’s starting to rear it’s ugly head.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I find it hard to believe that according to the lying media the only place you can't get covid is at a riot... the only places you can get it is at a church or a bar or family gathering of more than 10 or to a sit down dinner. This is my observation in Missouri and Kansas.. So I think I will attend a riot tonight because I need to get out and that is a safe place... :argue: :bleh:

CNH320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did we ever find out if the Wheelers or the metalcloak bump stops worked? I have a set of Timbrens on my truck and they are too rough when not loaded.