Rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2017 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4. The rear bumper needs replaced. I have a couple questions, do I reuse the current sensors or do they come with a new bumper? Secondly where is a good place to purchase one, it does not have to be OEM but want decent quality. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are you looking to go with a steel rear bumper that is aftermarket? Do you want LEDs on it? Are you just wanting a stock looking rear bumper?? You will need to keep and reuse the rear parking sensors regardless.

OP
OP
I

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just a standard stock looking bumper.

OP
OP
I

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Quick question, it will probably be obvious when I go to change it, but is there a trick or any special tools needed to remove and reinstall the sensors?

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quick question, it will probably be obvious when I go to change it, but is there a trick or any special tools needed to remove and reinstall the sensors?

It probably won't come with brackets or plastic......so just unplug sensors & license plate light, remove bumper, lay them both on bench or sawhorses, swap everything to new bumper & reinstall.

Triumphx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep an eye on Craigslist, i always see them on there when people go aftermarket.