Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harold Barnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Just got a recall of my 2020 Ram 2500 diesel. Apparently pressure is building causing transmission fluid to come out the dip stick tube and spilling on to the turbo starting fires. The remedy is replace the valve body in the 68rfe and reprogram the tranny.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
saw that, FCA is even not allowing deliveries or allow anyone to buy any trucks now off the lots...till this is resolved.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My new 2020 2500 Limited is still stuck at the factory because of this.

Loyal ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L I6
I got the recall letter from FCA today about the transmission recall. Usually No problem but it states that the PCM needs to be reprogrammed.. my concern is on my 2018 Ecodiesel needed to be reprogrammed it KILLED MY POWER AND MILAGE. It was so bad I decided to traid it in for my 2019 ram 2500 so I wonder if this recall and reprogram will kill the new truck as well

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I got the recall letter from FCA today about the transmission recall. Usually No problem but it states that the PCM needs to be reprogrammed.. my concern is on my 2018 Ecodiesel needed to be reprogrammed it KILLED MY POWER AND MILAGE. It was so bad I decided to traid it in for my 2019 ram 2500 so I wonder if this recall and reprogram will kill the new truck as well

Hey, Loyal ram. We would like to discuss your recall further. Please send us a private message with additional details.

Kate
RamCares

JoeSee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Loyal Ram, I'll let you know on the flash update. I take my 2019 Big Horn diesel in for the recall tomorrow. I'm also having them look into the cab clunk issue, possible defective cab mounts. My drive distance to the dealer is 120 miles one way. I'll do a before and after mileage check and post it here for all. I was told the holdup on these repairs is the pan gasket. Dealers are only receiving one a week. In my case they said since my current odometer is 2800 miles they can reuse my current gasket. I heard two different comments on this but hope the service dept. has the latest on this. If it doesn't hold, seeps more likely, I'll get them to replace it outright.

Lilchuckpdx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab Night Edition
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins
I’ve had my 2019 2500 Laramie for two months and less than 1000 miles. I called the dealership for the W03 recall. The Mopar website stated parts are available only to be told by the dealership they only get (2) ‘kits’ at a time and that I could get in December 2021. Not December 2020 which is STILL 8-1/2 months away. 2021. What. The. F**k. I asked if there was a master waiting list for the Portland Metro Area or did I need to call individual dealerships to get on their respective wait lists and I was told the latter. Seriously. What. The. Actual. F**k. I have a travel trailer that evidently falls under their towing guidelines but no way in Hades am I going risk anything that gives them an excuse to void the warranty. Anyone experiencing similar issues? Helpful input is greatly appreciated, looks like my trip to Alaska is off until this gets resolved. Thanks.

JoeSee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Loyal Ram, got the flash letter today in the mail. Says they have to flash the truck for emissions reasons and I have to present the repaired letter from the dealer to California before I can register the vehicle again. I assume, as the last time, this is the end of my current 20 mpg average and back to my usual 17 as the last truck. The word on the street is FCA used real cheap catalyst for their exhaust assemblies and thus we have to have this flash to burn more fuel into the converter to cook off the bad stuff. I think we all saw this movie before. I was curious why my window sticker didn't state any emissions fuel economy values, now I know why. Maybe the folks in the free States won't get the same letter.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I’ve had my 2019 2500 Laramie for two months and less than 1000 miles. I called the dealership for the W03 recall. The Mopar website stated parts are available only to be told by the dealership they only get (2) ‘kits’ at a time and that I could get in December 2021. Not December 2020 which is STILL 8-1/2 months away. 2021. What. The. F**k. I asked if there was a master waiting list for the Portland Metro Area or did I need to call individual dealerships to get on their respective wait lists and I was told the latter. Seriously. What. The. Actual. F**k. I have a travel trailer that evidently falls under their towing guidelines but no way in Hades am I going risk anything that gives them an excuse to void the warranty. Anyone experiencing similar issues? Helpful input is greatly appreciated, looks like my trip to Alaska is off until this gets resolved. Thanks.

That makes no sense. You need to talk with a different dealer. Lots of folks have gotten this done already.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

That certainly is frustrating, Lilchuckpdx. Although I cannot guarantee any certain outcome, I would like to look in to this further. Please send a private message to us when you have a moment.

Kate
RamCares

Lilchuckpdx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins
@Kate/RamCares thanks! Being a newbie I “think” I started a conversation with you, hope you received it.

I have an appointment to get the PCM recall issue addressed and plan on seeking the Service Manager out for clarification on the W03 recall, what I heard from them/the dealership simply is not acceptable. Been a Ford guy and seriously weighed the pros/cons between the F250 and the 2500 and traded my Raptor towards my 2500 which I LOVE! Hoping this is a mere blip in an otherwise HAPPY purchase!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
@Kate/RamCares thanks! Being a newbie I “think” I started a conversation with you, hope you received it.

I have an appointment to get the PCM recall issue addressed and plan on seeking the Service Manager out for clarification on the W03 recall, what I heard from them/the dealership simply is not acceptable. Been a Ford guy and seriously weighed the pros/cons between the F250 and the 2500 and traded my Raptor towards my 2500 which I LOVE! Hoping this is a mere blip in an otherwise HAPPY purchase!

Understood, Lilchuckpdx. Please let me know if you have any more concerns after visiting your dealer.

Kate
RamCares

JoeSee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I told you folks I'd reply back on my mileage after the recall fix. Wellllllll, I drove a total of 250 miles round trip to have the dealer tell me they can't do the recall. They put me on the list for a new pan gasket, told me they were wrong that with 2K miles they could reuse mine. The new rules are under 500 miles. I mentioned that earlier here in a post and the salesman at the dealership was right and the service center was wrong. Total waste of time and a whole day gone. However, they did tighten my cab mounts, told me my cab clunking is fixed and have a good day. Not fixed however but at least I made first contact (buyback rule) on that issue and will return for visit number two shortly. Did see a news story two days ago on an engine fire.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I told you folks I'd reply back on my mileage after the recall fix. Wellllllll, I drove a total of 250 miles round trip to have the dealer tell me they can't do the recall. They put me on the list for a new pan gasket, told me they were wrong that with 2K miles they could reuse mine. The new rules are under 500 miles. I mentioned that earlier here in a post and the salesman at the dealership was right and the service center was wrong. Total waste of time and a whole day gone. However, they did tighten my cab mounts, told me my cab clunking is fixed and have a good day. Not fixed however but at least I made first contact (buyback rule) on that issue and will return for visit number two shortly. Did see a news story two days ago on an engine fire.

Hey, JoeSee. If you would like to discuss your current concerns further, please send us a private message.

Kate
RamCares

JoeSee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi Kate from RamCares,
Thank you for replying. What I was told is the tranny pan gasket is the holdup, only one a week to any dealer. I am now on a list with 2-3 ahead of me. My only thought on this is I was able to buy my truck during the time that trucks were being put on hold for sale and during the time FCA was investigating the problem, some months before I made my purchase. It was a matter of days before the official announcement when I bought it but word was already circulating in online sources and forums. Had I known this online history and that my truck was not certified defect free I wouldn't have bought it. That said, I would think that those of us that have the trucks and are driving them should be first in line, period. We're the ones at risk of an engine fire and not those waiting to take possession of a vehicle they bought but currently aren't driving. I consider myself a fair customer having driven back and forth to the dealer 4500 miles total to attempt to get my last 2017 truck fixed before you bought it back. Looks like I'm pretty dumb coming back but won't wait long this time.

Lilchuckpdx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins
After I was told by the Dealership over the phone I couldn’t get the W03 recall issue due to lack of parts (see post above) I COULD schedule the PCM recall. Get to the Dealership only to be told they couldn’t do the PCM recall without the W03 recall first. Half a day wasted. Told they changed suppliers and that because I purchased the vehicle from them my VIN was on their list but it was a LONG list and couldn’t commit to any timetable. Just. WOW. Totally Unacceptable. If people are interested in making America “great” again, start here.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi Kate from RamCares,
Thank you for replying. What I was told is the tranny pan gasket is the holdup, only one a week to any dealer. I am now on a list with 2-3 ahead of me. My only thought on this is I was able to buy my truck during the time that trucks were being put on hold for sale and during the time FCA was investigating the problem, some months before I made my purchase. It was a matter of days before the official announcement when I bought it but word was already circulating in online sources and forums. Had I known this online history and that my truck was not certified defect free I wouldn't have bought it. That said, I would think that those of us that have the trucks and are driving them should be first in line, period. We're the ones at risk of an engine fire and not those waiting to take possession of a vehicle they bought but currently aren't driving. I consider myself a fair customer having driven back and forth to the dealer 4500 miles total to attempt to get my last 2017 truck fixed before you bought it back. Looks like I'm pretty dumb coming back but won't wait long this time.

I understand your sentiments completely, JoeSee and I do apologize. There is currently a wait for parts but since you are on the list, I am limited in the additional assistance I can provide. Once the part arrives, I am happy assist while working with the dealer. Just send me a private message.

Kate
RamCares

Bob Brazie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo diesel
Just got a recall of my 2019 Ram 2500 diesel. Called my dealers service department and they said they couldn't even order the parts until January 2021! Lithia Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat of Eugene.

Note sure if this is correct on their part and I bought the very first 2019 2500 diesel that came on their lot so I would hope I would be first in line! Bun no!

We just bought a new trailer too and want to take it on the road this summer when road temperatures will be higher and the possibility of boil over greater.

Any suggestions? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Bob.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Just got a recall of my 2019 Ram 2500 diesel. Called my dealers service department and they said they couldn't even order the parts until January 2021! Lithia Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat of Eugene.

Note sure if this is correct on their part and I bought the very first 2019 2500 diesel that came on their lot so I would hope I would be first in line! Bun no!

We just bought a new trailer too and want to take it on the road this summer when road temperatures will be higher and the possibility of boil over greater.

Any suggestions? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Hey, Bob. I would like to discuss this with you. Please send a private message.

Kate
RamCares

Bob Brazie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo diesel
Kate, how do I send you a private message? And what information do you need?
Thanks. Bob.