Safety Recall ZA3: Transmission Dipstick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee Pedrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello everyone,

We wanted to come on here to remind you of a recall that was launched previously in an effort to increase the completion rate. Some 2020-2023 Ram 2500s and 2020-2022 Ram 3500s may be affected.
The recall number is ZA3. The transmission on your vehicle may experience a buildup of pressure and heat inside the transmission. This can result in transmission fluid being expelled from the dipstick tube, which may come in contact with ignition sources within the engine compartment.
Your dealer will replace the transmission dipstick and the transmission vent hose.

Please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership if you are having trouble completing this recall. The part restriction has been removed, so dealers should not have concerns when ordering parts.

You can learn more on recalls.mopar.com, or feel free to send us a private message. We are happy to answer any questions.

Thank you,
Ram Cares
I just sent my vin number to mopar.com, entered it and it said it did not recognise the vin number. 3c6-ur5hj3ng-149174.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I just sent my vin number to mopar.com, entered it and it said it did not recognise the vin number. 3c6-ur5hj3ng-149174.
Really? It worked when I put it in.

The recall is for SOME Ram trucks. Yours being a 6.4 gasser and NOT a diesel it won't come up because it does NOT apply.

Last edited:

VictoyDaveAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM 2500 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just called my local RAM dealer and NO Parts available for this recall, ZA3, said they have never had the parts for this recall!! May need to get Ram Cares involved.
About a week after I posted this, I stopped at the dealer. Talked with a service rep and they stated they have all the recalls in stock. Scheduled an appointment and got all the recalls corrected and a free first oil change! They gave me the oil change for buying the truck there. So, not all bad! The rep had know idea why the service person I talked to earlier, said none of the recall stuff available.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
About a week after I posted this, I stopped at the dealer. Talked with a service rep and they stated they have all the recalls in stock. Scheduled an appointment and got all the recalls corrected and a free first oil change! They gave me the oil change for buying the truck there. So, not all bad! The rep had know idea why the service person I talked to earlier, said none of the recall stuff available.
The answer is easy the service person you talked to did not know :poop: from shinola

Jeph430

Reaction score
Ram Year
My recall was completed last year. I had asked them not to do it unless they had the updated recall parts with the longer tube and dipstick you could actually check your level. I got the short one with the useless “dipstick” but they were nice enough to leave the old dipstick in my backseat. The question is, I believe a shorter tube was installed so can I actually check the level with the old dipstick? How can I go about ensuring that fluid is the correct level?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
My recall was completed last year. I had asked them not to do it unless they had the updated recall parts with the longer tube and dipstick you could actually check your level. I got the short one with the useless “dipstick” but they were nice enough to leave the old dipstick in my backseat. The question is, I believe a shorter tube was installed so can I actually check the level with the old dipstick? How can I go about ensuring that fluid is the correct level?
How about reading the owners manual, it tells you how to check your transmission fluid level...