Redline c+atf vs Redline MT-LV 70w/75w GL-4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2017 non auto 4wd. I have ran Redline 5w30 since new. Did the front and rear diff with Redline. Forgot to do my transfer case, but figured might as well do redline since the rest is.

So was searching on the forum for what to use and I mostly see C+ATF if using Redline. Well according to Redline's website under transfer case it states both are applicable, but shows MT-LV 70-75w GL-4 as for the Borg Warner. So I searched the forum only found info on the C+ATF and can't find much on the MT-LV. But if I'm reading the site right the MT-LV would the correct one?

From Redline:

MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 Gear Oil

Approx Refill Capacity: 2
Meet our newest addition to the GL-4 family!

For use in BorgWarner Transfer Cases

OP
OP
B

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Interesting that that thread initially says Redline doesn't recommend one. But if you input in a 2017 ram on the Redline website it says to use MT-LV in the Transfer case with Borg Warner. Went under truck to confirm my transfer case. Looks like I should use MT-LV

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Well, if you've got a non-Auto transfer case, that should be a Borg-Warner chain drive, which is ATF. Look on the passenger side of the transfer gearcase and it should give you the Borg Warner model number. You can look that up and see what it takes. Pretty sure it's just ATF.

I have Borg Warner BW44-46 which is non-Auto chain drive with an electronic shifter. ATF. Factory fill was ATF. OM tries to pass off some OEM branded crap. Not needed - every Borg Warner chain drive case takes ATF.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks. Interesting that that thread initially says Redline doesn't recommend one. But if you input in a 2017 ram on the Redline website it says to use MT-LV in the Transfer case with Borg Warner. Went under truck to confirm my transfer case. Looks like I should use MT-LV
Redline used to only recomend c+ but then @FalconHemi did tons of research and found that the case came factory filled with mobilfluid lt. He spoke back and forth with redline and they changed their recomendation to MT-LV which is similar to the mobilfluid lt

OP
OP
B

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See capture
Redline used to only recomend c+ but then @FalconHemi did tons of research and found that the case came factory filled with mobilfluid lt. He spoke back and forth with redline and they changed their recomendation to MT-LV which is similar to the mobilfluid lt
Awesome thanks good to know! Going to grab the MT-LV