Regular, Quad Cab, Crew Cab...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jub jub

I bought the regular cab because my extended cab F150 was a bear in small parking lots, plus, the R/T only comes in regular cab. Less weight = better power to weight ratio = smoke the other guy, hopefully.

20140424_161232_1.jpg

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the crew because I wanted suv comfort and space (kid and a big dog and I'm 6'2" 245lb) but wanted the hauling/towing and bad weather/snow/off road capability of the truck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
I got the quad cab for the 6'4 bed, crew had a 5'7. I still want to use it as a truck and get stuff in it! I hate how short beds are nowadays. I would get a crew cab with an 8 foot bed if it could! its just me and the wife but we were planning on kids soon and just found out were havin twins so the quad will be great still for that.. ive had my atv in the back and a whole bunch of other stuff too. my last two trucks were a '95 and '98 with the cummins and both had an 8' bed.. hell id love a mega cab and an 8' bed if I could afford it!

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got the quad cab for the 6'4 bed, crew had a 5'7. I still want to use it as a truck and get stuff in it! I hate how short beds are nowadays. I would get a crew cab with an 8 foot bed if it could! its just me and the wife but we were planning on kids soon and just found out were havin twins so the quad will be great still for that.. ive had my atv in the back and a whole bunch of other stuff too. my last two trucks were a '95 and '98 with the cummins and both had an 8' bed.. hell id love a mega cab and an 8' bed if I could afford it!

The crew cab is available with the 6'4" bed...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
isn't that a more recent option? and I didn't order mine, just picked from what they had on the lot anyways, feb 2nd 2013....

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
isn't that a more recent option? and I didn't order mine, just picked from what they had on the lot anyways, feb 2nd 2013....

I think it started in 2013. The dealers around here don't order the Crews with the "long bed" for whatever reason. I actually haven't seen one in person. They thought I was crazy for ordering the long bed option. It's not like it's an 8' bed...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just love the look of a full size 2dr shortbed truck. When I was looking for mine only things in te criteria was 2dr shortbed hemi lol, sure wish I would of got one with power windows an locks.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reg Cab.

Never owned an extended cab, on my 3rd reg cab.

-they look sexier / better
-lighter
-faster
-I don't want kids and have no use for more than 1 passenger, if needed, I could borrow multiple ext cab / diesels trucks from family for camping towing whatnot

That's basically it, it can still do whatever any ext cab can do truckwise except for people.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reg Cab.

Never owned an extended cab, on my 3rd reg cab.

-they look sexier / better
-lighter
-faster
-I don't want kids and have no use for more than 1 passenger, if needed, I could borrow multiple ext cab / diesels trucks from family for camping towing whatnot

That's basically it, it can still do whatever any ext cab can do truckwise except for people.
x2 im on my 5th regular cab.. 2 power strokes, 2 cummins, now the hemi. ive always had plenty of room and im 6'8! larger cabs are not needed at all unless you have 2+ kids in my opinion.. :Insane:

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mega Cab. Family of five and I'll be the shortest when everyone my kids are done growing. My oldest (16) is 5'10" and my middle child (14) is 6'2"!

If it were available, I would have also gotten a long bed; 6'4" of bed meets my needs well enough.

...also, because Mega! LOL

Last edited:

Diller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
After owning a single cab for 4 years I had to get a crew cab. More than a few times I needed the ability to tow/haul stuff and get more than 2 people from A to B. I also needed more dry storage when I haul to the race tracks. I don't think I will ever go back to a single cab.

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
QC for both of our trucks now. The only one using the back seat is the dog, which is usually set up for his comfort. I would only get a RC if it was more of a toy and not a daily driver as well.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I probably would have bought a RC 10 years ago but not today.

Beside if I wanted a two seater. It would be in the form of a vette.. lol

petesnchz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM EXPRESS SINGLE CAB
Engine
I prefer single cab. No matter how nice a crew cab or extended cab is it's never going to look as good as if it was a single cab in my eyes. Every time I've bought an extended or 4 door it was a compromise and I wished I had a single cab the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crew cab here cause everyone is doing it. Jk

I went with the crew cause I'm used to driving this bus
My other baby

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was hoping for a crew so I could comfortably fit the car seats every now and then. Dealer said that finding a crew with the 6'4" box was almost impossible and the black express they had with the quad was just too sexy to say no. Oh well kids won't be in car seats forever and wife's minivan in the main family vehicle anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk