Remote Start Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneBeforeZod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone! I'm at my wits end on this issue and I feel it's a unique one because I haven't found anyone else that has had the same issue.
So a couple months ago I decided I wanted to add remote start to my 2015 Tradesman. So I hopped online and ordered a Mopar remote start kit P/N 82214424. Once it arrived I took my truck down to the dealer to have them add the sales code XBM onto the BCM for me. Took the truck home and followed the rest of the instructions to install the remaining parts onto my truck. Once done I took it back to the dealer to have them program the keys and the new RF-Hub. They programed it and gave me my truck back and told me the system won't work obviously blaming me. So went home defeated and called me friend from out of state who works for Chrysler to try and help me figure it out. Long story short we found the dealer programmed the wrong sales code in. Instead of XBM they added GMXA which is for immobilizer which my truck already had. So I take it back tell the dealership what happened. They confirmed that the wrong sales code was added and added the correct one but never removed the wrong one. So I get my truck back and they tell me it STILL won't work. So again I go home defeated. Turns out the dealership messed up again. They programmed the keys but never reset the RF-Hub. I used my Alfa obd to reset the RF-Hub myself and success! Remote start works! Except it literally only worked once and now my remotes don't lock unlock or remote start my truck. Through the ignition they work fine. But all other functions don't work. I replaced the RF-Hub through warranty thinking it somehow got bricked, but the same thing happened again. Everything worked once but that's it. So I need guidance on how to proceed. I don't know what else to do.