remote start with low fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
wow ok so it was low on fuel when remote started. Mine probably does the same. Everyone unbunch your panties lol

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It annoys me.

Cant it log the last recorded level, then read that before it fires up? I don't see why it has to start to read, then read and shut off. Its as simple as 3-5 lines of code in the ECU.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It annoys me.

Cant it log the last recorded level, then read that before it fires up? I don't see why it has to start to read, then read and shut off. Its as simple as 3-5 lines of code in the ECU.

If it's that simple just change it. I am pretty sure it is by design. Not because the engineers were lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Guess that's a good thing about my aftermarket remote start.

It does whatever the F I want it too do.. haha

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess that's a good thing about my aftermarket remote start.

It does whatever the F I want it too do.. haha

You can't have it do that from the factory though. Most people are pretty stupid. I had a customer telling me how he is pissed because he got out of his charger and forgot to turn it off and it was out of gas the next morning. The car should know to shut off he said.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It annoys me.

Then the truck wouldn't remote start if you filled it up after shutting down.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
You can't have it do that from the factory though. Most people are pretty stupid. I had a customer telling me how he is pissed because he got out of his charger and forgot to turn it off and it was out of gas the next morning. The car should know to shut off he said.

hahaha

Plenty of morons to go around in this world..lol

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I were writing the code for this, I would have the truck start as well.

The fuel level is not indicated in the ACC key position. No reason to send power to the pump to check level in ACC position. It becomes active in the START and RUN positions where faults can be analyzed.

The remote start at this point waits its allotted time before it asks its questions, check engine light, low fuel, or any other RUN only errors. Its gotta wait its 10 or 15 seconds because the system does its checks.

This is why it starts.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
LOL almost 30 posts. I was just trying to say its a stupid design (the shutting off).

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL almost 30 posts. I was just trying to say its a stupid design (the shutting off).

It could be stupid, but at the same time, when the wife forgets to fill it up, you remote start it to go to work, and bam, out of gas. You run to the lawnmower, bone dry cuz you winterize. You panic, its cold, no truck, gas station is a mile away...you start walking, freezing your ass off, get the gas, make it to work 2 hours late, get fired, wife files for divorce, she gets the truck and the dog...

Ill let it shut off! :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thats why u dont get married my friend

It could be stupid, but at the same time, when the wife forgets to fill it up, you remote start it to go to work, and bam, out of gas. You run to the lawnmower, bone dry cuz you winterize. You panic, its cold, no truck, gas station is a mile away...you start walking, freezing your ass off, get the gas, make it to work 2 hours late, get fired, wife files for divorce, she gets the truck and the dog...

Ill let it shut off! :Big Laugh:

FordstillSucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great feature, so you don't pull a stupid and idle yourself at of gas, and all people do is ***** about it.
Come on guys.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great feature, so you don't pull a stupid and idle yourself at of gas, and all people do is ***** about it.
Come on guys.

Cant speak for everyone but its a bit of a hassle for those of us with a 32 gallon fuel tank that doesn't register properly and the remote starts cuts off when u have 5 gallons+ of reserve fuel... kind of stupid!

Last edited:

EdmontonSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You can get a full gas reading with the truck in accessory mode, so one would think the boot procedure for the remote start would be to cycle through accessory before starting to check all the sensors and see if they fit within the start parameters.

Seems dodge went with a "shoot first and ask questions later" type mentality.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get a full gas reading with the truck in accessory mode, so one would think the boot procedure for the remote start would be to cycle through accessory before starting to check all the sensors and see if they fit within the start parameters.

Seems dodge went with a "shoot first and ask questions later" type mentality.

You do not get a fuel reading in accessory.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

EdmontonSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry, bad explanation. You are right, not accessory. You get it in the on position without starting it. But the fact is, you can still get a reading without starting the engine, so the startup process for the remote start should be able to cycle through that info as well.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, bad explanation. You are right, not accessory. You get it in the on position without starting it. But the fact is, you can still get a reading without starting the engine, so the startup process for the remote start should be able to cycle through that info as well.

Yes, you can get a reading but you will get a ton CELs/MILs because the engine is not running when its in the ON position. This would also cause the remote start to not operate.

There's no need to energize the fuel circuit just for a check. The only time you would want to energize a fuel circuit would be the start in run position.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
If you were that close to the gas station, maybe this is your smart truck's way of telling you that you should have gassed up on your way home! :)