Replacement Transmission Oil Cooler Lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hockeyadc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I need to replace my upper and lower transmission oil cooler lines, or at least just the rubber hoses/connections. They are both leaking right now. What exactly do I need to do this repair?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
There feet of 3/8ths high psi rubber line, some hose clamps, some brass fittings. Do not use factory replacement parts.

OP
OP
H

hockeyadc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
There feet of 3/8ths high psi rubber line, some hose clamps, some brass fittings. Do not use factory replacement parts.

Why not factory replacement parts? Also what brass fittings are you referring too? Should I not have a check valve?

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Not factory because its not worth the $ just to have them leak again.
If you have a check valve throw it away

OP
OP
H

hockeyadc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Not factory because its not worth the $ just to have them leak again.
If you have a check valve throw it away

Got it, thanks. Picked up some fittings and tubing last night.

coolin4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are the brass fittings for if using rubber hose,I know this is an old thread but just curious. I had the dealer take the rubber hose off and install proper factory lines before I purchased. I was concerned with the hose blowing off because there was no barb or anything for the hose camp to grab onto and keep from sliding off if there was much pressure on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

...you're kidding, Right?....I wouldn't use anything but OEM steel line...gotta remember the heat, exhaust and fluid temp :)

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If Merc tells ya something....you should follow it.

Just sayin'.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you're not going to use the factory stuff, get some nice stuff like stainless steel braided lines and AN fittings

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Or I've herd you can cut of the rubber pipe where it meets the metal pipe with a pipe cutter and then overy lap the rubber pipe overnthe metal pipe by 1.5" or so and use doube clamps.

Or run to autozone and rent the tool that curls the end of hollow pipe and then slide the new rubber pipe over the curled end of the metal pipe and use a single or double clamp.

Anyone know what the tool is called?:crazy: