Ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always thought my 2018 was a little taller than similar models so I was reading the build sheet and it says ‘raised ride height’ anyone know what that means . Maybe 1” taller ?

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some people have speculated that this is because of the 20" rims. I'm not really sure to be honest.

Edit: I just check my build sheet and I have 20" rims and don't have that raised ride height but my old '14 Express with 20" rims did list it.

Last edited:

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My build sheet says the same thing..."Raised Ride Height". I've compared it to a friends truck of the same model and features whose build sheet says "Standard Ride Height". Front is about 3/4" - Back is about 1" difference. The only thing visually we could tell is that the springs were shorter/taller vs Standard/Raised.

-Don

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My build sheet says the same thing..."Raised Ride Height". I've compared it to a friends truck of the same model and features whose build sheet says "Standard Ride Height". Front is about 3/4" - Back is about 1" difference. The only thing visually we could tell is that the springs were shorter/taller vs Standard/Raised.

-Don

My build sheet says neither. The funny thing is I compared my measurements now to the measurements of my '14. I had them written down because of my weight distribution hitch set up. My rear measurement from the ground to top center inner fender is 3/4" taller and my front is 1/2" shorter on my new truck.

KiloHotel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just read my build sheet and its say i have the raised ride height too.

Maybe its an option that comes with 4x4?

wetsquirrel

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Found this info on another forum......

There are (at least) 2 options: XZMP ‘Standard Ride Height’ and XZNP ‘Raised Ride Height’, with an approximate +1” lift at all 4 corners. Ram achieves this lift by installing taller coil springs on XZNP trucks.

(Generally) trucks with the “Base” 17” wheel/tire package were equipped with the XZMP ‘Standard’ package, while ‘optional 20" wheel/tire’ package trucks received the XZNP ‘Raised’ package.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Maybe a dumb question, but how do you get a build sheet for your RAM?

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some people have speculated that this is because of the 20" rims. I'm not really sure to be honest.

Edit: I just check my build sheet and I have 20" rims and don't have that raised ride height but my old '14 Express with 20" rims did list it.
Sorry to bother you but where can I find the build sheet

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine has the raised ride height too :waytogo:

RAISED HEIGHT1.JPG

325_97.jpg

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Found this info on another forum......

There are (at least) 2 options: XZMP ‘Standard Ride Height’ and XZNP ‘Raised Ride Height’, with an approximate +1” lift at all 4 corners. Ram achieves this lift by installing taller coil springs on XZNP trucks.

(Generally) trucks with the “Base” 17” wheel/tire package were equipped with the XZMP ‘Standard’ package, while ‘optional 20" wheel/tire’ package trucks received the XZNP ‘Raised’ package.

I always wondered why the trucks with 17’s always seemed lower.... makes sense. Sort of. Why not use same springs ? Aren’t tires same diameter overall ?

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?