Rough Country - anyone else have problems with their customer service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Afesposi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hi you all! I haven't posted much here - but I use you all as a resource quite a bit for ordering parts - so thank you for the amazing feedback and posts you've all shared.

I bought a set of wheel well liners from rough country this week and they promised a certain delivery date and then didn't honor it. I reached out and their customer service offered basically little to no/excuse or apology for it being delayed an additional 2 days. You all know how it is - when you order a part for a project, you don't want to get it two days late further delaying your work on your truck.

Anyone else had this issue with them? I was gauranteed a 2 day delivery that turned into 4 - boohoo, I know - but when I reached out the customer service folks were really rude in their emails and when I called (go figure the same person who answered the phone was also answering the emails and didn't know a lick about customer service).

There are too many competitors out there to treat your customers this way!!! Especially a first time buyer!!!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So much to know; did you order Thursday afternoon and expect it Friday? There just are a lot of factors that go into the whole process such as order time of the day, how quickly your credit clears, when order is picked, traffic delays. I could see if you paid $150 for guaranteed delivery then the frustration was warranted but the assumption is free shipping was the offer.

Looking at Rough Country's shipping policy, shipping generally occurs the same day if order is confirmed by 4 pm CST. Also, the policy indicates AVERAGE delivery time is 1-3 days after order is picked up (for an average of up to 4 days). Again, these are averages as the company has no control after it leaves their facility. Did you use tracking information to follow the package? Won't defend the person you spoke with, but have seen too much grumpiness directed towards people who don't control the issue, so need to always be aware that the CS rep may just have gotten off a prior call with an irrational customer, so at least just keep frustration level in check, both benefit from that.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My experience with their shipping times is just the opposite. I ordered a set of their power steps for my F150 on Tuesday night (3/5). Received notification they are out for delivery this morning and I'll receive them this afternoon, which is two business days before the expected date. Unless there is a problem with them I don't expect to need to interact with their customer support team.

OP
OP
A

Afesposi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
So much to know; did you order Thursday afternoon and expect it Friday? There just are a lot of factors that go into the whole process such as order time of the day, how quickly your credit clears, when order is picked, traffic delays. I could see if you paid $150 for guaranteed delivery then the frustration was warranted but the assumption is free shipping was the offer.

Looking at Rough Country's shipping policy, shipping generally occurs the same day if order is confirmed by 4 pm CST. Also, the policy indicates AVERAGE delivery time is 1-3 days after order is picked up (for an average of up to 4 days). Again, these are averages as the company has no control after it leaves their facility. Did you use tracking information to follow the package? Won't defend the person you spoke with, but have seen too much grumpiness directed towards people who don't control the issue, so need to always be aware that the CS rep may just have gotten off a prior call with an irrational customer, so at least just keep frustration level in check, both benefit from that.
All good points and I am in customer service so I was as polite as one could be about questioning this method of shipment - I ordered it with a gauranteed delivery date of 3/9 and ordered it in the morning of 3/7 within the window of "order by this time and recieve it on 3/9"

The rep told me I was within the 2 day arrival including the day I ordered and this was just something that happened.

Many of us have projects for our trucks or others and if we have a deadline or date we can only work on our vehicles, we can only expect that if we pay a premium the product will arrive when it says it will.

I am just calling this out so that if others have a guaranteed delivery with this company don't expect it on that time and it may cause you business/personal issues since many of us don't have much time to work on our vehicles.

OP
OP
A

Afesposi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
My experience with their shipping times is just the opposite. I ordered a set of their power steps for my F150 on Tuesday night (3/5). Received notification they are out for delivery this morning and I'll receive them this afternoon, which is two business days before the expected date. Unless there is a problem with them I don't expect to need to interact with their customer support team.
this is good to know - I want to do further business with these companies but wanted to know others experiences before I trust them/spend our money with them again - appreciate your adult response unlike the others on here

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Seems pretty clear on their website....

1709919350429.png
1709919614839.png

I don't see where it guaranteed a 2 day delivery. What I do see is that they said 98% of orders placed leave their warehouse the same day and that AFTER the order shipped ground transit time is an additional 1-3 WORKING days (excludes weekends and holidays). It also say AVERAGE transit times.

If it shipped the same day you could expect up to a 4 day total turnaround. It's clear as day on their website.... They can't do anything about it once it leaves their hands.

I attempted to order something from them to check into the guaranteed delivery thing. It doesn't say that for me... it says estimated delivery. I'm within the red zone so it would be a 1 day delivery.

1709919952370.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Afesposi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Seems pretty clear on their website....

View attachment 539049
View attachment 539052

I don't see where it guaranteed a 2 day delivery. What I do see is that they said 98% of orders placed leave their warehouse the same day and that AFTER the order shipped ground transit time is an additional 1-3 WORKING days (excludes weekends and holidays). It also say AVERAGE transit times.

If it shipped the same day you could expect up to a 4 day total turnaround. It's clear as day on their website.... They can't do anything about it once it leaves their hands.
100% agree with you - but I specifically got 2 day - even the rep mentioned that I should have gotten it by Saturday, but this seems to be an issue with their shipping - but if I opt for a 2 day delivery that should be honored or I should be help/comp'd for that issue, that's my point here - a few days is no big deal but when you select for the fastest shipping with a guaranteed date, they should do that or help if it doesn't happen - not just blow you off and not even acknowledge you opted for a quicker shipping.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So you paid for 2 day or next day shipping?

Even if so, that's on the carrier if they don't deliver when they're supposed to. Again, if RC did their part they don't control the shipping companies. Nothing gets to us in my area when it's supposed to and hasn't since COVID.

A company might decide as good faith to compensate you but that's going to depend heavily on how they're treated. I've had it happen too, and every time I've gotten my money back for the expedited shipping.

I've been in customer service and you say you are as well so think about it.... Before you read anything beyond this... disclaimer. I am NOT saying that you acted in any certain fashion. I wasn't there so I don't know. But....IF you came across in a negative way towards the CSR, there's a good chance that it might be why they didn't do anything. Again... I don't know and can only go by my experiences.

If I were to make a judgment call based on the initial post, I would believe that maybe you intended to be nice to them but allowed your frustration to overshadow that and possibly be a little less than polite (possibly untentionally). Maybe your perception of how you approached the CSR is different than reality. Again, I dunno. I can only go by the words on this page. Is it possible that you misinterpreted their email as rude instead of possibly a copy/paste of their policies? Is it also possible that after assuming they were attempting to be rude that you might have called them a bit up in arms?

At the end of the day though... I am not going to toss rocks at a company because the shipper didn't get something to me on time. If I ordered from them a few times and this was a common occurrence, then maybe. But for the first time? Things happen. Unless the part you needed caused some catastrophic event because it didn't arrive in time, take a breath. In a month you'll have forgotten about it and it won't be a big deal.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
100% agree with you - but I specifically got 2 day - even the rep mentioned that I should have gotten it by Saturday, but this seems to be an issue with their shipping - but if I opt for a 2 day delivery that should be honored or I should be help/comp'd for that issue, that's my point here - a few days is no big deal but when you select for the fastest shipping with a guaranteed date, they should do that or help if it doesn't happen - not just blow you off and not even acknowledge you opted for a quicker shipping.
I agree with you that you have a point about their customer service if that's how they treated you. But once they ship it they really have no control over how long it takes. Things like weather and road construction can affect delivery times. If you pay extra for guaranteed delivery by a certain date, and that doesn't happen, then they should at least offer to refund you for that extra cost.

OP
OP
A

Afesposi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
So you paid for 2 day or next day shipping?

Even if so, that's on the carrier if they don't deliver when they're supposed to. Again, if RC did their part they don't control the shipping companies. Nothing gets to us in my area when it's supposed to and hasn't since COVID.

A company might decide as good faith to compensate you but that's going to depend heavily on how they're treated. I've had it happen too, and every time I've gotten my money back for the expedited shipping.

I've been in customer service and you say you are as well so think about it.... Before you read anything beyond this... disclaimer. I am NOT saying that you acted in any certain fashion. I wasn't there so I don't know. But....IF you came across in a negative way towards the CSR, there's a good chance that it might be why they didn't do anything. Again... I don't know and can only go by my experiences.

If I were to make a judgment call based on the initial post, I would believe that maybe you intended to be nice to them but allowed your frustration to overshadow that and possibly be a little less than polite (possibly untentionally). Maybe your perception of how you approached the CSR is different than reality. Again, I dunno. I can only go by the words on this page. Is it possible that you misinterpreted their email as rude instead of possibly a copy/paste of their policies? Is it also possible that after assuming they were attempting to be rude that you might have called them a bit up in arms?

At the end of the day though... I am not going to toss rocks at a company because the shipper didn't get something to me on time. If I ordered from them a few times and this was a common occurrence, then maybe. But for the first time? Things happen. Unless the part you needed caused some catastrophic event because it didn't arrive in time, take a breath. In a month you'll have forgotten about it and it won't be a big deal.
I couldn't have said it better myself and appreciate your adult response - unlike other members on this forum. Yes, I agree with you on all terms here and know/told the guy "I know you aren't the one in the shipping department or taking product off the shelf"

It's all good and to your point - there are much bigger problems in the world - I just wanted to know others experiencecs before I go back to order more from them since I value all of your experiences. I had some issues with other companies sending me used parts or malfunctioning and was never given a "so what/oh well" type of response so was just curious.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend you all!

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Part of this problem may also be FedEx. They are about on par with the USPS, as I regularly see shipping delays with them, and much more than the other 2, at least USPS does you the solid of straight losing your stuff. FedEx lets you know they lost it at their hub where it is in delay hell lol

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
True statement. If it goes through Memphis (fedEx) or Knoxville (UPS) there's a good chance you may not get it. If you're lucky enough you'll get it missing half the box.

zrock

Reaction score
Well for 1 once it leaves their warehouse they have no control over delivery times, instead of complaining to them you should be contacting the delivery company. 2 why would you wait so late if you needed them for a project in 2 days plan ahead. I always order things a week or more before i work on a project just to make sure i have everything here..