Rough ride with air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Lehman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie with 4 corner air suspension. I’m getting a stiff bouncy ride and rear seat passengers are being jostled around. Is resetting the air suspension system a good first step to recalibrate the system?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has rude always been this way? Have you checked to see if you have a leak? That could be causing the rough ride. There are a lot of threads in the subject of air suspension, you should check them out for similar experiences.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Is it bouncy on all settings? Is it worse on one setting or another? Generally speaking, the higher the setting the more bouncy the ride can get, with the best being aero and normal settings. There's a reason the truck won't let you go above certain speeds for some settings.

Another question I have...is the truck running on the factory suspension links?

Edward Hands

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
It sounds to me that you are either hitting the limits of travel or you lack proper dampening, or both.
See how far you are from the bumps stops at normal ride height. And maybe try a less rear tire pressure.