Satellite antenna not working properly on 2011 bighorn.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anyone changed out the satellite antenna? The radio works well only satellite signal is weak in the city. It constantly acquiring signal whenever I pass a cell tower or any other type of radar. My 2011 doesn’t have the shark fin style satellite antenna. It has a flat antenna I’ve heard if I change out the antenna I will get better reception. I have called sirus many times about this and they rebooted the system yet still does not work better.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone changed out the satellite antenna? The radio works well only satellite signal is weak in the city. It constantly acquiring signal whenever I pass a cell tower or any other type of radar. My 2011 doesn’t have the shark fin style satellite antenna. It has a flat antenna I’ve heard if I change out the antenna I will get better reception. I have called sirus many times about this and they rebooted the system yet still does not work better.
It's a pretty simple change. You need to remove the c and b pillars to drop the headliner in that corner. The antenna can then be removed from the underside of the roof and a new one plugged in.

OP
OP
C

Chowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Should I get the shark fin antenna that is available on the 2013? My truck has the radio that shows it has cellular options on it that the shark fin antenna’s capabilities with two wires have. Would that increase the satellite’s reception?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Should I get the shark fin antenna that is available on the 2013? My truck has the radio that shows it has cellular options on it that the shark fin antenna’s capabilities with two wires have. Would that increase the satellite’s reception?
Nope, I'd stick with the puck style you currently have although you can use the sharkfin too (but you don't currently have all of the wiring for the sharkfin).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93