Seat wear pattern question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2019 Classic RAM, and having bought it just 6 months ago I detect zero seat wear, yet. For those who have somewhat older Classics, does the wear on the left edge of the drivers seat first show up on the fabric only, or does the left edge physically compress the cushion some over time, or both?

I ask because while I can step in just fine, I notice when my wife and daughters drive the truck, they actually push the seat cushion down when they slide in. My wife enters and exits the passenger side a lot, too. I want the seat cushions to stay in new shape without the sides being compressed down.

I am thinking about getting some side steps to help them not have to press their weight down when sliding into the truck. Is there any need for concern? Or are the seats highly resilient to wear? Thanks.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get the side steps. The edge will both wear, and flatten.

Geno's sells replacement foam for the seats for pretty reasonable. Still, no sense in replacing sooner than needed for something correctable by sidesteps and technique.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I have a 2019 Classic RAM, and having bought it just 6 months ago I detect zero seat wear, yet. For those who have somewhat older Classics, does the wear on the left edge of the drivers seat first show up on the fabric only, or does the left edge physically compress the cushion some over time, or both?

I ask because while I can step in just fine, I notice when my wife and daughters drive the truck, they actually push the seat cushion down when they slide in. My wife enters and exits the passenger side a lot, too. I want the seat cushions to stay in new shape without the sides being compressed down.

I am thinking about getting some side steps to help them not have to press their weight down when sliding into the truck. Is there any need for concern? Or are the seats highly resilient to wear? Thanks.

My 2013 doesn’t have wear on the seats that badly, and she has 423K on her. The only thing i notice really is the sides of the seats getting slightly wrinkly if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

FXDBGABE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just hit 110k miles on my 2015 and the seat is torn on the left side. Foam still has its shape though. I’ve been looking for the upholstery replacement but haven’t been able to find the same one as mine.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
X2 on the side steps.