2015 Bighorn back seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

windymtnman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2015 Bighorn with cloth seats. This is a 4 door truck with a crew or mega cab.
I just purchased the Clazzio faux leather seat covers and they're pretty nice.
My question is this.
When I remove the rear seat headrests, there are 3 black loop straps sticking up above the back rest at the top. They look as though you could pull on them, and they'd release the seat backrest, so it would presumably lean forward??? I don't know if they in fact are supposed to do that, but I can't figure out what their purpose is?
I've pulled up on them and also pulled them to the side(s). They have zero give to them. I don't have room to get my hand behind the seat to see if I can figure out what they're attached too?
What purpose would these 3 straps have, spread out acoss each portion of the backseat, if they don't release the back rest of the seat? I don't see how I can install the leather seat cover, without being able to get behind this backrest.
Does anyone know if they are supposed to release this backrest? What am I supposed to do, as I can't budge anything here.
I attached a pic of two of the three black loops here.
Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0758.JPG
    DSCN0758.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 4

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@MADDOG Maybe we should add some clarity on what the detailing section is about. We sure have had a lot of threads being posted that have nothing to do with detailing. To Anwser your question @windymtnman you will need to search the back seat mod. There are multiple threads and how to do it threads.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The straps are part of the child car seat retention system. My kids are grown so I’m not sure how they work. The rear seats have to be unbolted from the floor to move them forward. There is a hack to make them foldable on a permanent basis. You can look up the process on YouTube if interested.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The straps are part of the child car seat retention system. My kids are grown so I’m not sure how they work.
^^^ this
As for how those work, there's an upper strap on the forward facing car seat that hooks to that loop and tightened up. Those upper loops work in conjunction with the lower Latch points to anchor a car seat.
Just went through using these while some family was in from out of town. With as easy as the anchoring straps work on the car seats nowadays, there's no reason a car seat should be incorrectly installed nowadays.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat