Security Bypass FCA 12+8 cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nkiwan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to use Alpha OBD on my 2019 classic.

I know I have to bypass the security gateway in order to do that. Obviously the best choice is the KadoTech bypass module, but if you live in Canada, it costs $93 +taxes and customs.

Anyone have any experience with the FCA 12+8 Connector? Apparently this is used to bypass the security gateway.

I haven't found much info on it being used on our trucks and where it plugs in.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

dkarnes87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to use Alpha OBD on my 2019 classic.

I know I have to bypass the security gateway in order to do that. Obviously the best choice is the KadoTech bypass module, but if you live in Canada, it costs $93 +taxes and customs.

Anyone have any experience with the FCA 12+8 Connector? Apparently this is used to bypass the security gateway.

I haven't found much info on it being used on our trucks and where it plugs in.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Did you ever figure this out? I’ve got a 2019 classic 1500 and bought the 8+12 bypass but can’t figure out where the connectors are.

FXDBGABE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever figure this out? I’ve got a 2019 classic 1500 and bought the 8+12 bypass but can’t figure out where the connectors are.
Bought one also but don’t know where to plug it in.

dkarnes87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 4+12 ended up being behind the Uconnect screen. Remove center trim, remove screen, reach back and there’s a small metal piece with two hooks. Connected to this facing the front is the SHM. Unhook cables from there, plug into bypass, and button everything back up. I’ll warn you it took a couple hours to get everything out, plugged in, and back together. Might be because of my ham hands though. Trouble fitting them in small spaces.

spg993tt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
for those who changed TPMS threshold settings, with a 2019, 2020 or 2021 2500, were you able to use the Read Pin function to get the 4 digit pin to put back in the RF Hub reset/restart? or did do you have no option but to go to the dealer? there was a chrysler pin puller a few folks had mentioned in other threads, but i couldnt et it to do anything. im trying to modify tpms threshold alues for different wheels. i have a 21 PW

RamConvert0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
for those who changed TPMS threshold settings, with a 2019, 2020 or 2021 2500, were you able to use the Read Pin function to get the 4 digit pin to put back in the RF Hub reset/restart? or did do you have no option but to go to the dealer? there was a chrysler pin puller a few folks had mentioned in other threads, but i couldnt et it to do anything. im trying to modify tpms threshold alues for different wheels. i have a 21 PW
Bumping this - I have a 22 PW that I want to adjust the TPMS setting and the SPEEDOMETER for 35 in tires. Hope someone figured this out