Seeking Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I came from a 1500 to 3/4 ton... my wife would never drive a truck smaller now.. I created a monster!!

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I came from a 1500 to 3/4 ton... my wife would never drive a truck smaller now.. I created a monster!!
Monsters are not created, they are merely unleashed. Please do tell how I can accomplish the same with a srw 3500.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The limited is a gorgeous truck but really crippled right out of the gate with capacities. I know a few things about payload pain ;)

Took some searching but we have found a few models with low weight, shorter length and more than ample room once the slides are out that we will likely pull the trigger on this year or next. If you're set on the limited- get searching. They are out there. A 2500 as a daily short commuter is a far bigger commitment than a smaller trailer.

Audio1nder makes a great point too. My tt is only 26' and it was a ***** to get around some of these sites. Even at that short length it was a frustrating time trying to back in when you have narrow roads that are strewn with cars [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have friend moving from a 35 5th wheel to a TT under 30 because he's run into the site size problem while trying to visit the national parks and state parks, apparently a bigger issue out west than east.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ yup... huge issue " Cant update the camp grounds it will hurt the squirrels"!! Unfortunately all these state/ national parks are so old this wasn't a problem when they were created, currently looking at a 26-28 bumper pull toy hauler or a 28-29 foot 5th toy hauler.. the second one is hard to find used lol.* "Pimpin"*- just make sure it is a loaded 3500 she test drives lol.. and make sure it has steps.. if not she is not going to be happy about the climb up into the cab lol

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Rumor has it over 32' out west leaves you with public mngmt. lands and little else. Even in the east we'll lose out on crucial full hookup weekends thanks to those extra few feet. Total threadjack btw. Nice job, ya'll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting over-confident in our setup, or was too worried at first. With the addition of the Reese dual cams, better trailer tires & suspension and airbags, we're able to handle manageable wind with little notice, and passing semis barely suck it in toward the centre line. It regularly passes slower vehicles on the highway with easy, has done an emergency stop straight as an arrow and does it all for 24L/100km.
We just did a 6hr drive this weekend with no batteries on the tongue (don't drop them, boys! grrrr) and some fresh water for balance.
Man, I love this truck!!

OP
OP
Aries75

Aries75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Well after talking with the wife I think we can go some feet smaller. Since now her sister is looking at getting a expandable TT. So we technically dont need one the sleeps up to nine now. Now the big thing is deciding which model to go with. Limited like Smurf said is crippled with capacity. So may need to find a Big Horn how I want it. Or a Longhorn, but really dont care for the Western stitching graphics in the seats. Decisions decisions decisions. Gonna stick with the 1500 though

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I (and more importantly the wife) have been very happy with the Bighorn trim. Enough amenities to make it comfy without losing too much payload. Recommend a bed liner regardless of flavor you go with. Clear coat on these new trucks is like ice and gear really likes to slide in the bed.

couleeman23

Reaction score
Ram Year
13/14 Ram 1500's
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting over-confident in our setup, or was too worried at first. With the addition of the Reese dual cams, better trailer tires & suspension and airbags, we're able to handle manageable wind with little notice, and passing semis barely suck it in toward the centre line. It regularly passes slower vehicles on the highway with easy, has done an emergency stop straight as an arrow and does it all for 24L/100km.

We just did a 6hr drive this weekend with no batteries on the tongue (don't drop them, boys! grrrr) and some fresh water for balance.

Man, I love this truck!!

I hear you. I think experience and a proper setup is the biggest part. And don't just trust the rv dealer to set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You always have another option.....replace the wife with one that doesnt need convincing :) I dont know where youre seeing a 2500 for 55k or what your looking at but I paid 42500 for my 3500 big horn loaded with the 6.4 and cc 4x4. It takes a little work and shopping for the right dealer. Expect them to drop close to 10k off sticker if you really want the HD truck.

Well after talking with the wife I think we can go some feet smaller. Since now her sister is looking at getting a expandable TT. So we technically dont need one the sleeps up to nine now. Now the big thing is deciding which model to go with. Limited like Smurf said is crippled with capacity. So may need to find a Big Horn how I want it. Or a Longhorn, but really dont care for the Western stitching graphics in the seats. Decisions decisions decisions. Gonna stick with the 1500 though

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My CFO loves big trucks. It's the monthly payment that always gets the sideways eyes.[emoji19]