Sensors Not Ready

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony Cuticchia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hopefully you can point me in the correct direction. I have a 2008 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7.

Last year I had a check engine light and it turned out to be EVAP System. I took it in for repair after trying the usual things (gas cap, new gas cap, etc.) Turns out there was a leak in a line that was repaired. EVAP problem solved.

When I took it in for inspection in 2019, it showed two not ready status: O2 SENSOR and CATALYST. I drove it through 2 drive cycles and took it back in for inspection. They were still not ready. I presented the evidence to DMV and got a waiver.

Fast forward 1 year and 13K miles. Same battery, no jump starts, check engine. The O2 SENSOR and CATALYST STILL show not ready.

I have heard possibly replacing the battery and performing a drive cycle might be the next step, but I am not sure. Any advice on what to do or what to have checked is much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance.

-jamie