Skyjacker Hyrdo 7000's on stock height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GET_ARMED

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys. I am looking to soften the ride on my 03 2500 for my wife and soon to be arriving little man and saw a good price for the Skyjacker Hydro 7000's or 8000's. On Autoanything, I can't select no lift. I know my truck is a a little jacked up anyway from the factory but would I be considered the 3.5" to 5" lift or 4" to 4.5". This is my first truck. Otherwise I would select 0" to 2". Any ideas on the shock quality or recommendations for a softer ride. I have also been looking at the Bilstein 5100's. Any help and input would be appricated.

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys. I am looking to soften the ride on my 03 2500 for my wife and soon to be arriving little man and saw a good price for the Skyjacker Hydro 7000's or 8000's. On Autoanything, I can't select no lift. I know my truck is a a little jacked up anyway from the factory but would I be considered the 3.5" to 5" lift or 4" to 4.5". This is my first truck. Otherwise I would select 0" to 2". Any ideas on the shock quality or recommendations for a softer ride. I have also been looking at the Bilstein 5100's. Any help and input would be appricated.

Problem with using lifted spec shocks on stock height is that even if they fit the shock will be near full compression already, so when you hit a bump it will be very stiff and most likely wear out and push the rod through the top.

As far as 5100's go, I have used them on a truck and they were softer than stock in my opinion.