Skyjacker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Ive been looking and would just like to ask for opinions on a skyjacker 3in lift for my 01 Laramie. Not looking for much just want a little bit extra clearance over stock. I would like to avoid having anything to do with rear blocks and as far as I can tell the 3in add-a-leaf doesn't use them. I haven't been able to find much on it though

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Skyjacker makes a good product. I don't think you can go wrong with that kit. It's easy to install and you could do it in your driveway.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I have a sky jacker on my 1996. And I love it I just replaced the shocks and bushings and the shocks had 0699 which the guy at Tennessee speed sport sad that was the manufacturing date. So I'd say their pretty good if the shocks lasted from 1999 till a few weeks ago Lol ( if that's the mfg date)

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
We used to have a saying back in the day that "Friends don't let friends put red parts on thier trucks" . That meant Skyjunker and Rauncho.

Some of SJ's stuff is good, some not. Thier trackbar bracket is horrendous.

OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Thx

Thanks guys, nice to know their decent. I think I'll prob go with it then. Gonna be prob about 2-3years before I get it done (Dad won't let me do much for the truck cuz its old but Ill be going to college after next year lol).

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
The Sj 3" kit is a good basic lift kit, it's what I started with. Ez to install uses springs instead of spacers, includes lower control arms as well. As your only going 3" you will not need the Sj track-bar kit that is not liked by many, but a small adjustment is needed for the trac-bar, look at getting an adjustable one (track-bar) or a small drop bracket. I would not suggest there (Sj) shocks look elsewhere for those.