small diesels are coming.... to US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with everything stated about how the other forms of fuel should be implemented and what not, but making the switch is going to be hard due to all the big oil companies practically controlling everything in that department. I'm sure they'll do their best to stop people from paying less

OP
OP
L

lelikmed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummnis 6.7
Regular "truck man" need engine that can last for couple decades and very capable. If only we could have better MPG.....
At this moment the only proven combination of longevity, performance and great MPG is diesel+electric... Hydrogen --- well I don't see too many manufacturers placing a bet on hydrogen cells.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Cummins, Cummins, Cummins

^Bingo. Ram has already said the upcharge will be $2,850.

I will strongly consider one for my next truck. Although I really love this one so I'll probably be hanging on to it for quite a while.

from the link: "....priced $2,850 greater than a similarly equipped Ram 1500 with a 5.7-liter Hemi V8 with the same transmission."
So it is a $4000+ option with the taxes. $4000 buys a LOT of gas if mpg is your only concern. I waited for this, but I'm going Pentastar.

OP
OP
L

lelikmed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummnis 6.7
So it is a $4000+ option with the taxes. $4000 buys a LOT of gas if mpg is your only concern. I waited for this, but I'm going Pentastar.[/QUOTE]

Exactly .... extra premium for diesels in USA not worth it at this point if only MPG is your only concern. In fact extra $4000 - will take around 8+ years to brake even on gas savings.
Personally I bought 6.7HD only for towing purposes.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What about the idea of 4 tires turning with generators making power while rolling? The use of Electromagnetic Propulsion? Solar and even wind turbines?

I think outside the box ALOT. We have the ability in the US to do these things. Look around RF at some of the things that are done. And as we are a great group of people, we are not the sharpest of our country. No disrespect to anyone on RF.

The reason we don't use other forms of energy is the same reason we still have cigarettes for sale in the US. Too much money to be made by political supporters.

Just the morning coffee kicking in.

Noseball

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm in south america right now. Everything here is diesel. I mean everything!
My work rental is a 2013 Mazda Bt-50 I think thats what it is. Is a sweet little truck!
Its got a 3.2 5 cyl diesel. Its got some power for what it is but it aint no 6.7 cummins.
You would think fuel economy would be fantastic as a sacrifice...but I personally drive on 200km/day and its not that great. 200km (124miles) uses roughly 1/4 tank of fuel (80 liter tank(21gal)). Like 25/g. I get that with my 6.7 (edge tuner)
and alot of the smaller diesel are much worse. Point is...diesel models of things we have in the us have been available in other countries for years....and they arent that much better mileage wise....and being its on a smaller truck...what you will get is basically engine longevity....maybe a slight increase in power..and a tiny jump in fuel economy....I doubt it will increase payload cap. at all...
I'd just go the 7 grand more and get a cummins.....why dink around with tinker toys?

A Proud Cummins owner!!!!