Spacer choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting a 1 inch spacer for the rear...should I go poly or steel and why? Spacer is for the spring to lift the truck up an inch...not a wheel spacer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd prefer steel or hardened aluminum ...only because they would be less likely to compress with installation tq . and forces applied during driving over time.

Poly may work fine ??? I've just never had a poly wheel spacer .

Imo Bora wheel spacers are worth the added $$ , and certinly do get hub & wheel centric !
Do not get the (Chinese or the likes ) made one size fits all , as that is where the bad rep for wheel spacers come from [emoji106]

I've had steel and aluminum without issues with proper installation and torque verifications .

If you go less than 1.75" spacer thickness , just know you will likely need to either replace your OEM studs to a shorter one or trim your OEMstuds ...depending on your wheel selection .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
markusaf81

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My fault, didn’t clarify cause I put this in the “lifted” section...looking for the spacers that go on or under the rear spring to lift the back up an inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha ha , I have steel TGC 1.5" Spacers , I'm happy with them , but I think the poly ones would do just fine ....no rust and no noise ..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk