Spec-D Offroad Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at replacing my damaged bumper and ran across this brand with parking sensors.

Anyone have reviews or info on this company or bumpers?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IMHO, when something is half price of similar known bumpers, you usually get what you pay for.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted a little while back on this same bumper. My research found that it sells under about 6 different names, making me think its of not very good quality. Carid sells it, ebay sells it, a few different places all under a different brand. Like above staement, decided it would be one of those get what yoi pay for deals....

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worst case scenario you check it over before install (dings, dents, weird bends, missing or light paint/powdercoat, or inadequate reinforcement i.e. if you can bend the bumper by hand) install it and check for fitment. Then remove the bumper make any changes/updates/upgrades to the bumper and you'd probably still come in at less than most of the other bumpers out there of similar type and quality (less than $1000).

But then again; I'm cheap, know my way around tools and know people that could help me fix any deficiencies I may find.

I saw another one similar to that on CarId called the Torxe X1 and it looked pretty good and had a couple good reviews to back it up.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Torxe x1 was the exact one I was referring to. I had the carid rep call the manufacturer and was told the bumper was made from 3/16 steel, just like the majority of offroad bumpers. Believe the weight is 120# It is tempting for the price, and the 1 or 2 reviews seem kinda promising. Just not much info on it. What turned me off was all the different companies selling it. I dunno...maybe I'm wrong. Wish there were more reviews on it.

OP
OP
T

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's hard to find anything that supports front parking sensors, that's why I liked these once I found it. It is weird that some many companies sell it, ranging in price from 650-1100.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just googled them, and they do not list what thickness metal they use. Email them and ask. If they use 3/16” that is plenty strong. But be advised, they probably do not sandblast their bumpers before powdercoat, or use zinc primer. So the powdercoat will probably rust. Since the bumper is only $600 you could have it blasted, primered, and powdercoated before you install it, and you will have no issues.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just googled them, and they do not list what thickness metal they use. Email them and ask. If they use
^^^^^ and probably still come under those way more expensive bumpers out there.

And you will know the powdercoat wont rust or chip off because it was done correctly.

OP
OP
T

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Their support email response, after asking them material thickness: Contact our vendors we don't deal with customers directly.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated above, I was told they do use 3/16 steel. This was from a carid rep that contacted them for me.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Their support email response, after asking them material thickness: Contact our vendors we don't deal with customers directly.

That's pretty much a standard in my industry, manufacturers won't deal with customers directly, have to go thru vendor.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I just googled them, and they do not list what thickness metal they use. Email them and ask. If they use 3/16” that is plenty strong. But be advised, they probably do not sandblast their bumpers before powdercoat, or use zinc primer. So the powdercoat will probably rust. Since the bumper is only $600 you could have it blasted, primered, and powdercoated before you install it, and you will have no issues.
^ This is excellent advice right here.

OP
OP
T

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're also listed as: Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper. Except they list it as 5/32.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
also sold on americantruck.com with or without foglights as well. they seem to be a nice middle of the road HD bumper