Spray in bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi832

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What spray in bed liner is best and any good installers in Houston?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've had both the Rhino Linings & the Line-X brands. Didn't see any difference, they both performed the same and the only differences I noted was 1) the quality of the tech applying the material, and, 2) the Rhino Lining product was a bit cheaper. That may have been simply due to overhead and profit margin percentages set by the two different shops.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also check out Bullet. I don't have one, but we have a local shop, and they seem to have great reviews. I'd pick the cheapest, best warranty, best look out of the 3 brands mentioned.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I went with Arma, it was about $150 cheaper than Rhinoand/or Line-X ... seems like they are not discussed much, but I've had it in for 5 years now and it's still like new.

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
Linex Premium is worth every penny and won’t fade. Nothing compares in my opinion and lifetime warranty. I have seen many beds with Rhino and it looks like cheap rubber to me.

vweaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had Bullet put in my first '16. LOVED it. Thick, durable and cleans up great with a power washer. It wasn't a gritty liner, but a softer feel. With most others, it's like sandpaper.
My new '16 has some other thin liner I don't care for. Half tempted to Bullet over it, I liked it that much.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Well LINE-X seems to be the strongest, see tear strengths below.

Tear strengths (in psi) per data sheets (which you can get if you ask for them):
LINE-X (Standard) - 435
LINE-X (Pro and Platinum) - 708
Rhino Tuff Grip - 225
Rhino Hardline - 225
Bullet (BL1) - 400
Arma - Don't have that one.

OP
OP
Hemi832

Hemi832

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well LINE-X seems to be the strongest, see tear strengths below.

Tear strengths (in psi) per data sheets (which you can get if you ask for them):
LINE-X (Standard) - 435
LINE-X (Pro and Platinum) - 708
Rhino Tuff Grip - 225
Rhino Hardline - 225
Bullet (BL1) - 400
Arma - Don't have that one.

What about a product called truk coat?

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
What about a product called truk coat?

Not familiar with that one. Call them and ask them for the "technical data sheet" for their high pressure product. You don't want a low pressure product.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’ve got a Bullet Liner, so far, it has been great. Stuff does not slide around and it cleans up very easy. I don’t work it hard either, just the occasional load of fire wood and normal house hold chores. Oh, and deer blood washes right out.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
I’ve got a Bullet Liner, so far, it has been great. Stuff does not slide around and it cleans up very easy. I don’t work it hard either, just the occasional load of fire wood and normal house hold chores. Oh, and deer blood washes right out.

When did you get your bedliner?

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
About a year ago.

OK, thanks. I was curious because Bullet is now owned by a company (Accella) that really doesn't have anything to do with the automotive industry. When Burtin Polymer Labs (main product is polyurethane foam but also owned Bullet) sold out to Accella, Bullet was part of the deal. Then Accella was purchased by Carlisle Companies in 2017. So, I'm not quite sure what the future holds for Bullet.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with a spray liner from Ultimate linings company. Never had a spray in before so i have nothing to compare it with. All i know is it had a couple small gouges down to the paint after i let a buddy use the truck to load up a toolbox from home depot. Im wishing i went with the line x now.