Squeaking noise after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after I installed my 6 inch superlift, I have this high pitch squeaking noise on the driver side. It’s only when I hit small bumps in the road. Idk if it’s the brake lines rubbing against the frame or what. But I’ve checked the bolts and they are all right still. It’s not too bad, but since I know it’s there, it’s bothering me. Has anyone dealt with this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So after I installed my 6 inch superlift, I have this high pitch squeaking noise on the driver side. It’s only when I hit small bumps in the road. Idk if it’s the brake lines rubbing against the frame or what. But I’ve checked the bolts and they are all right still. It’s not too bad, but since I know it’s there, it’s bothering me. Has anyone dealt with this??

Try spraying silicone lubricant in through the upper strut nut. That's where mine was coming from. I had searched everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I’ll try that. I also think I have a squeak in the rear end too but don’t know where it is

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I’ll try that. I also think I have a squeak in the rear end too but don’t know where it is

I could have sworn mine was coming from the rear as well. It ended up being in the front thoug, it was annoying the he'll out of me

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I’ll try to pick some up today and see what it does. Did you just spray in from the wheel well? Or did you spray from the engine bay?

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I’ll try to pick some up today and see what it does. Did you just spray in from the wheel well? Or did you spray from the engine bay?

From the top where you can access the upper strut nut

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
have you checked the brake lines that run down the driver side rear control arms?

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
have you checked the brake lines that run down the driver side rear control arms?

I have not, but I will though. I was thinking the brake lines but haven’t checked

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a bushing that needs some grease to me. All the new control arms and such may not have been lubed up from the factory. If they have zerks give em some grease, if not spray them up and see if it goes.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
over tightened shock bushings as well.

also on large lifts, you must place the vehicle on level ground and loosen then re torque certain suspension hardware to set the bushing or joints in certain positions at rest. otherwise, they have a lot of tension and can be noisy.

if you have running boards or sliders, the easiest way, jump up and throw your weight around to get the truck to rock back and forth. you and a partner should be able to locate the sound

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I went and bought some silicone lubricant. Sprayed it on the top nut of the strut and the sway bar end links, and no squeaking! Thanks guys. It was driving me nuts! Now I can drive without that damn noise.

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I went and bought some silicone lubricant. Sprayed it on the top nut of the strut and the sway bar end links, and no squeaking! Thanks guys. It was driving me nuts! Now I can drive without that damn noise.

I have the same issue I believe with the lift the angle of the front end causes the strut rod to rub, I have to spray mine every so often I spent months looking for it, kept thinking it was the rear spacers until I pulled them off and it didn't go away. Glad it's gone I know the pain haha