Steering doesn't center at any speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emmanuel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, sometime in December I replaced the front end steering assembly on my 03' Ram 2500 to fix the death wobble and all the slop in my steering. I bought a Moog kit that replaces the y-style steering for the updated t-style steering the newer 08+ trucks use. This is the kit I used. That fixed my problem, no more death wobble, bump steer, and no more play in the steering. Well, at about the end of January the steering wheel doesn't want to center back at all regardless of speed and I have a little more play in the steering than after I changed the parts out. Ever since then the steering wheel does make an effort to center back but not much. I've done a bit of research and came to one conclusion, the steering box has gone bad however I'm not 100% sure on that. The truck has about 125K miles on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tow a 37' camper with this in the summer time and need the play in the steering and the memory steering gone.

Last edited: