Steering problem with lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 6 inch Zone lift kit, no body lift, no leveling kit, just the lift kit. I am running 35 inch tires on 17 inch rims. I have had the lift kit for about 6 months, and have taken it off roading a few times without any issues. Just recently I started having steering issues. It feels like it's dragging when I turn during normal driving, it's not smooth at all. I replaced the front rack and pinion at the dealer a month ago for the same problem, had an alignment, was driving good for a month, and now this. Anyone know what the heck is going on? Thanks.

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when u had the rack changed out did the problem go away or was it still their? i have the same kit my steering feels smooth. a little light and loose for my liking. the installer told me the worst thing to do with the 35s is to turn the wheel back and forth when ur parked. it wears the pump out

OP
OP
christoff

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I had the rack changed, it was very smooth, no issues. Then, about 2 weeks later, under normal driving, the problem started again. I didn't turn the wheel when parked, I didn't crank it too hard when turning, it just started feeling sluggish as if it is dragging...

OP
OP
christoff

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tommyboy, I haven't checked that. I will. Thanks.