stock cam rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scarylarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought a stock cam MDS delete kit from AMS racing. Truck runs fine above 3k but stumbles and dies less than that. Run just like vacuum leak. used starting fluid w/no results. Not many vacuum lines to screw up. Do I need to tune after a stock rebuild. Yea I got the mds codes but no others. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanklz Larry B

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also besides the tune make sure all your push rods are all in place very common to have one not all the way in partially keeping a valve open.

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you just need to turn off mds via a tuner.
if your truck is a 2014, cheapest way is via a diablo predator or superchips.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cheapest way maybe, but hell be stuck with a handheld tuner he cant tune his truck with and make any cool adjustments.... lol...

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even with an MDS delete "kit" the ECU is still cutting fuel to those cylinders under light load.

Any major modification to the engine you make you MUST tune, tune, TUNE!

OP
OP
Scarylarry

Scarylarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appreciate all of the expertiese.....Gotta agree w/Dilligaf...BUT. I.m married.and soooopooooooooooI'm trying to convince her that I NEED the in cab tuner. She's unaware of the cheaper solution for now. Jes wondering what I will say when she eventually findes out. Teehee