Stock headlights are terrible, upgrading to LED's, fog lights don't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you guys changing the light housings as well or using factory housings with led or hid bulbs? I am interested in doing this too but I think I have the stock cheapo housings

Factory housing (quad), just swapped from halogen to led bulbs. Very simple

OP
OP
Darth

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do it!!! I bought vanquish lows n fogs for my 17, what a difference! City/urban here also...night n day difference.
Lots of choices out there but I wanted a company to buy from that
1..a member here
2..customer service if issues
3..quick response(pm) for any questions
Simple plug n play, im using bulbs only (no cancellors) for 3-4 months now with no issues at all

View attachment 142791

View attachment 142792

I decided to go with Vanquish. I ordered the Led low beam kit and the led fog kit. Very quick response to my questions, as Ramm5.7 stated. They also gave me a coupon for 20% off! Score!

DT440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put in a set of lows and fogs from Vanquish and they are a very significant improvement over stock in the quad reflectors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I decided to go with Vanquish. I ordered the Led low beam kit and the led fog kit. Very quick response to my questions, as Ramm5.7 stated. They also gave me a coupon for 20% off! Score!
Dam 20% that’s a deal installation is a breeze and it’s all plug and play with no error codes. You will definitely see the difference in light output.

Keep us update and don’t forget to post pics

OP
OP
Darth

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excellent. Lights should be here by Friday. Can't wait.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Supposedly the H9s are a swap. If you replace the H11s with the brighter 9011s you have to trim one of the three tabs slightly!

Andrew Canton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I am okay with how the stock headlights illuminate in front of me. My problem is they don't illuminate the corners, so when I'm turning, I'm basically guessing that there's nothing there to run into. I can't see where I'm going until the headlights are pointed at it. Is there an easy thing to add to the truck to illuminate the sides some? I have the bumper w/o fog lights.

ryanjorr1525

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 2017 Ram 1500 used with 2,000 miles on it. Truck now has 2350 miles. The stock low beams are incredibly weak (I have the quad halogens). I live in the city and when I'm driving on the streets here I can't even tell if my lights are on. We had a bad rain storm here, lights are on, could barely see anything. I thought I'd turn on the fog lights to help, nothing. Fog lights won't turn on. I'm taking the truck to the dealer to fix the fogs but these stock headlights have to go. I'm thinking of getting the LED low beam kit from Vanquish Auto. Seems like there are a lot of people here that use them with great success.
Just installed some LEDs into my low beams (H11) and fog light LEDs (9006). I went with the A6 9006 LED fog light (I believe, don't quote me on it). Ran me about $79 for the fogs. The good thing about them is by turning my fogs on and off they switch between that beautiful white and also yellow for when fog is severe and/or rain/snow.

WILE E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pit HIDs in my projector low beams and LEDs in my high beams and fog lights. They are as bright as the sun now.

Weasel88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to upgrade my lights, too. Is there somewhere, maybe YouTube or pics posted here, to see the light output pattern? I've watched a lot of Headlight Revolution videos on YouTube .But, I haven't seen the Vanquish lights compared. Also, has anyone had experience/comparison with the Supernove V3 and Vanquish?

WILE E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same bulbs in high beams and fog lights. The strange thing is that the fog lights (LEDs) and low beams (HIDs) both required resistors, but the same LEDs in the high beams did not need resistors. They fit inside the headlight without modifying anything and are bright as the sun.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need resistors.

Just buy can/bus compatible.

I bought the cheapest on eBay they work for both fogs and lows.