Stumbled on this scan tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That just screams like it's something you would find on Ali Express or Temu, better brush up on Asian language reading skills for the user manual.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That just screams like it's something you would find on Ali Express or Temu, better brush up on Asian language reading skills for the user manual.
The few reviews i read on it,it doesn't sound like it,but i also don't have one,so that's just a guess,lol

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just about everything on Bezos dot com now is Chicom junk. I paid about $50 for a basic code reader a few years back. It works ok. Saves a trip to the auto parts store for a scan anyways.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually Launch is a Canuck company. Have read the stuff is good to go.

1820 South Milliken Ave
Ontario, CA 91761

That's Ontario California, launchtechUSA.com .

Launch Tech Co., Ltd was founded in 1992. In 2002, LAUNCH was listed on Hong Kong's GEM board (Stock Code: 8196). In 2011, it was successfully listed on the Main Board of Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (Stock Code: 2488). LAUNCH is one of the first high-tech enterprises in China who dedicated to auto diagnosis, test, maintenance and the R&D and production of tire-related equipment.

LAUNCH persists in technological innovation and independent R&D. Besides R&D centers in Shenzhen and Shanghai, LAUNCH has also established R&D teams in America, Germany, Japan, Korea and Latin American areas.

You can't blame us for this one. :cool:

Last edited:

jimmyfjk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
look at Jscan. you can get them on amazon also. you install the software in your smart phone. it connects via bluetooth the jscan plugged into the obd port. you purchase a once a life license for each vehicle you want to use it. it is like 45 for the license and 45 for the tool. it does it all. very indepth and you can also do some programming with it. highly recommend

MrOctNot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh so many scan tools to choose from. You can request lists of available functions for specific vehicles to help make your choice.

I've ended up with Autel MaxiAP AP200 and also JScan software using iCar Pro VGate plug-in.
I own a 2008 Town & Country Limited and a 2005 RAM 1500.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
look at Jscan. you can get them on amazon also. you install the software in your smart phone. it connects via bluetooth the jscan plugged into the obd port. you purchase a once a life license for each vehicle you want to use it. it is like 45 for the license and 45 for the tool. it does it all. very indepth and you can also do some programming with it. highly recommend

Is this something AlfaOBD won't do ? I recently set myself up with the AlfaOBD , and a tablet , that's connects bluetooth . They also had a free OBD app to load that covers any vehicle . The AlfaOBD is pretty in-depth .

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Have been around for ever (1968 as a tech) ASE certified since 1983. Before even electronic ignition. Retired from day to day job in 2017, but still do all my own work and some for neighbors. As cars progressed we (repair shops) got "tune up machines" SUN etc. then they came with 2 "gas benches" then 4 gas etc. Then OBD 1 (1991 I think). and so on. I have an very old scanner I bought to do OBD 1 vehicles (each Manufacture had their own connection) Has I had access to OBD tools at the shops that I worked at. It is now 15+ years old an Innova model 1403. It really just does very little, but can still read basic stuff on 2023 vehicles. I am probably going to get something a bit newer.
My suggestion is to get a tool (scanner) has "bidirectional" features, and capable of doing some reprogramming! This will help you to diagnose some type of problems ( can the computer actually turn on the cooling fans, etc.) also one capable of graphs (such as misfire ). In the long run it may cost more but will do more for you.
I did a lot of looking and I also do not want to spend a lot of $. I have narrowed it down to one brand (Innova - as my is 15 + years old and works as it did when new) the model number I am getting is - model 7111. Has a lot of features and O'Riellys has it for $549 in a nice plastic case. It works on most ALL vehicles. And it is "updatable"! Will hang on to the old scanner so I can still do OBD1 vehicles. I know lots of Stuff" as I am old (71). But do not know "new stuff" things like "Alfa" obd, and do not know if this unit will do it? But I know I don't know about it, so it will not help me do what I want. My advice is to get a better tool than you "need" but can afford.
By the way anyone got one (Innova 7111)? What do you like and dislike about it (as none are perfect).