Superchips 3842 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delano1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just bought a Superchips 3842 I'm using on a Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4 and I have some questions. First, I have a friend with same truck who wants to try it out before he buys one. I know I have to put my truck back to stock before he tunes his truck with it, but when you do that will it download the stock file for his truck and then when he goes back to stock and I get it back will it download my stock file again so I don't lose it?

Second, I seem to only have one option for tuning the transmission and it is WOT torque management where I can set torque percent for each gear. I can see other tuning options, but when I try to use them it says please select user option but I don't have a user option available. I have updated my unit twice, but it still has no user option and I can't find an additional upgrade for trans tuning on the Superchips website. Am I supposed to have more trans tuning options? Also, do the included tunes include trans tuning? I use 87 Octane and Tow tune the most.

Thanks

Rampitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a Superchips 3842 I'm using on a Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4 and I have some questions. First, I have a friend with same truck who wants to try it out before he buys one. I know I have to put my truck back to stock before he tunes his truck with it, but when you do that will it download the stock file for his truck and then when he goes back to stock and I get it back will it download my stock file again so I don't lose it?

Second, I seem to only have one option for tuning the transmission and it is WOT torque management where I can set torque percent for each gear. I can see other tuning options, but when I try to use them it says please select user option but I don't have a user option available. I have updated my unit twice, but it still has no user option and I can't find an additional upgrade for trans tuning on the Superchips website. Am I supposed to have more trans tuning options? Also, do the included tunes include trans tuning? I use 87 Octane and Tow tune the most.

Thanks

for the first part yeah you can save your stock file again. as for the second part I have the 3815 so I don't have the luxury of tuning my tranny so I can't really answer that.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The trans tuning is a $40 extra you can buy from their tool you download to update it.