Surface rust!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my truck back on Jan 13th. It came from Tenn and had 50 miles on her when new. I noticed when installing my Bils 2 months ago that to my surprise alot of things underneath we're Rusty. The drive shaft, front drive shaft, ends of the front CV axles, back side of the front wheel hubs ect. For a brand new truck that is not in the snow/salt belt I was very surprised. I ended up sanding and painting the things I could get to. I can't believe Ram would leave these things untreated to cause that. Anyone else notice this on their trucks???

Evo1xvg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I noticed the same thing on my new truck have 700 miles on it . I might have to do the same as you sand and paint .

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because of the material the drive shaft is made of you will see rust covering it, but it doesn't create any issues except just your own aesthetic concern. Unless you plan to put a big lift on it nobody is going to notice. If it really bothers you just paint the parts. Keep in mind you might have to do it multiple times depending on how long you keep the truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbassrex