Surging electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacoblane216

Reaction score
Ram Year
Late 2004 / 2004 1/2
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright I’ve had enough I can’t take this surging **** anymore. 2004 Ram 5.7 rwd, I’ve been having surging issues since I got this thing years ago after totaling my pristine white one, it’s weird it’ll surge for like the first 10 minutes of driving and if I’m going slower sometimes it’ll just completely die, after the 10 or so minutes it’s absolutely perfect with no problems. I’ve already tried 2 reman pcm’s reprogrammed for my truck, cam and crank sensors, o2 sensors, map and iat sensors, trans speed sensors input and output, trans pressure transducer sensor, and 2 different throttle bodies. All the named sensors are new from ngk, 1 pcm was from flagship1 and the other was from all computer resources or whatever their name is(it fixed my white truck). I remember having the scanner hooked up while trying to check tps as well as trying to see if it was missing at all and it wasn’t missing a lick. That tells me that surely it has to be electrical since it seems to figure it out and run perfect after about 10 minutes, and if you simply cut the truck off and back on it’s running like **** again restarting the learning process of whatever the hell is wrong. Hopefully someone has unfortunately had the same issue or has the answer cause I can’t take it anymore. The engine itself actually came out of my white truck so that also makes me believe that it has something to do with the truck as a roller like I bought it instead of engine related. The things I know for a fact it needs is a cluster and bcm, is there any random possibility that either of those could be the problem even though unlikely? Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517