5.2 surging idle issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cf96520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Hope I'm posting in the correct spot....new here...anyway, I have a 97 ram 1500 with a 5.2 magnum. Just did an auto to manual (nv3500) swap. Everything worked out great but I noticed it now has a slight surging idle that was not noticeable before with the automatic. Remembering a similar issue I had a few years back on my 96 ram I decided to check out the IAC and the TPS. Cleaned the entire throttle body and replaced the IAC valve. Same problem. So I checked out the TPS, with my scanner hooked up the computer is seeing 16% throttle input at idle with no accelerator input. Replaced the TPS sensor, same thing. 16% at idle and a +/- 100 RPM surge. Unhooked the tps from the throttle body and left the electrical connector plugged in. Scanner now read 1% throttle at idle and when I started it up it idled like a brand new truck. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there someway to "reset" or "adjust" the TPS value that the computer sees? Any help is greatly appreciated.

rmcgraw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you disconnect the battery to reset the computer after replacing the sensor?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517