Suspension and Squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGHUBZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Noob here. I own a 2012 Sport but it doesn't feel sporty. I get a lot of bouncing esp in rear over any bumbs at speeds over 30. Also there is a lot of squeaking going on that is painfully loud and I know for sure it's not brakes or bearings it's gotta be pivot points but what can I do and what is the best suspension setup for the best control? (I'm running 33x12.5x20 or 305x55x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers soon to be Falken Rocky Mountain ATS's.

moparrtguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My suspension is noisy too, started on mine a few months ago and I only have 3k miles on it. haven't made it into the dealer for them to tell me there is nothing wrong with it yet.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
50 PSI and what shocks would be best?

Not sure for the tires you are running, but 50 PSI seems like a lot (unless they're LT tires).

Shocks? Bilsteins are good; as are others. Get a monotube type shock. Mine were bad at roughly 18k miles on my '12 Sport.

OP
OP
BIGHUBZ

BIGHUBZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure for the tires you are running, but 50 PSI seems like a lot (unless they're LT tires).

Shocks? Bilsteins are good; as are others. Get a monotube type shock. Mine were bad at roughly 18k miles on my '12 Sport.

Thanks. I'm at 35k miles so if yours bit the dust at 18k I'm way overdue.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
my truck squeeked too at around 3500miles and i literally sprayed the points where the suspension hooks together and the bottom of the coils with pb blaster and all sqeeking stopped...now at 4500 and no sqeeking yet so we'll see how long it lasts

probably about to get a little white lithium grease in there too..couldnt hurt right?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
BIGHUBZ

BIGHUBZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my truck squeeked too at around 3500miles and i literally sprayed the points where the suspension hooks together and the bottom of the coils with pb blaster and all sqeeking stopped...now at 4500 and no sqeeking yet so we'll see how long it lasts

probably about to get a little white lithium grease in there too..couldnt hurt right?

I've heard a lot of this problem occurring. Spraying or using white lithium grease is the common answer just haven't tried it yet.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
as for your sport not feeling sporty id say its because its not any different than any other model of ram in fact it probably weighs more than the lower packages because of extra goodies and such..i think "sport" is more of an appearance package lol kinda like the z71 offroad package for chevy..it adds nothing but decals and a different grille

OP
OP
BIGHUBZ

BIGHUBZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
as for your sport not feeling sporty id say its because its not any different than any other model of ram in fact it probably weighs more than the lower packages because of extra goodies and such..i think "sport" is more of an appearance package lol kinda like the z71 offroad package for chevy..it adds nothing but decals and a different grille

I get what your saying there but even if it was a base model I'd expect a smoother quality ride from a truck with only 35k miles. :favorites13:

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
fair enough maybe it just needs to get lubed up :p is it jouncy or just a little bumpier than youd like?

OP
OP
BIGHUBZ

BIGHUBZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
fair enough maybe it just needs to get lubed up :p is it jouncy or just a little bumpier than youd like?

not jouncy.. just bumpy. it doesn't bounce and bounce and bounce. just hard hits that jump me around on rough roads

OP
OP
BIGHUBZ

BIGHUBZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I looked at Bilsteins. Can anyone compare them to Rancho's? They seem really close in price but Rancho's seem to have better reviews.