swap a uconnect vp3 to a vp4 na

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayne Grewing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
i have a 2016 ram 2500 that came with a 8.4 vp3 and i just got a 8.4 vp4 na out of a ram with the unlock code will i be able to just do a plug and play and switch the uconnect access from the vp3 to the vp4 or will i have to take it to a dealer to get the new radio programmed to my truck so i can use my uconnect subscription cant seam to find any info on it unless im not looking in the right places

thanks for any help

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The radio itself will swap in and function as a replacement for you factory 8.4 Ra3

Whether you will be able to use the uConnect services via the phone app for remote start, unlock etc. will be determined by the dealer's ability to get the radio /vin info swapped over by WiC (Warranty Information Center) & sales code updated to VP4. It may be possible but it's the white unicorn.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
W

Wayne Grewing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was able to get the updated radio program to my truck I just called U connect and they tied the 8.4 na radio to my truck no questions asked