Sway Bar Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We already have one of those tools, lol

mikes04hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds like a plan,
Quick question though, lookin at the sway bar bushings, there are 2 options:

34mm or 36mm... which do I have???

Hey Kristin- Did you ever figure which bushing you had. I am going to order a set for mine as well and do not have a micrometer to tell.

That squeeking noise may be the ball joints themselves. Seems like its a weak area for all rams. Good luck on the repairs. I will keep watching this one.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey Kristin- Did you ever figure which bushing you had. I am going to order a set for mine as well and do not have a micrometer to tell.

That squeeking noise may be the ball joints themselves. Seems like its a weak area for all rams. Good luck on the repairs. I will keep watching this one.

No i sure haven't, I'm thinking i'm going to just order both sizes of sway bar bushings and return the set that doesnt work, lol. I might just replace the entire front end tho lol I dont know how much longer I can stand the noise

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
do rams have torsion bars on the newer trucks
knew a kid with a ranger once and his truck squeaked bad and it was the torsion bars

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The 4x4's do I think, but mine is 2wd....

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I seriously have the same type of noise lol I've had The front end rebuilt except for ball joints and A-arms. So hopefully it's either one of those. It drives me crazy, kinda sounds like chain links rattling around lol

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the same noise on my 05 but never figured out what it was.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I hate trying to track down something so minor when it could be a number of things, lol, it sucks!

Be-Still-My-Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
embarrassing noise.

Would these cause the truck to make a squeaking noise over bumps? I have a squeak and got under the truck to look around. The passenger side lower ball joint is busted, but other than that, all the other ball joints look fine.

The sway bar bushings look dried up, would that make a squeak? It's only when I go over bumps/on bumpy roads and it's very annoying and embarrassing.

And it's not like a normal squeak, it kinda reminds me of this sound, over and over....

[yt]nOc3-XsPdqs[/yt]

I had the upper and lower ball joints replaced. Truck still makes that annoying noise going over bumps. Will try spraying wd 40 tomorrow and see where that leaves me. If still there guess I will try the sway bar bushing. Let me know what you have tried and has worked.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm pretty sure all of my front suspension needs to be replaced, lol. Just costs so much

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Start with the obvious, go to the easy and finish with the hard! (as money allows) A bad ball joint WILL squeak since as it gets sloppy the grease basically falls out. But they are relativly easy to do the lowers. And the uppers are even easier being a whole arm. I did both uppers and lower joints in mine after work one day in about 2.5 hrs. So i would start there if you know you have a bad one. Then go to the easy, sway bar end links are easy and usually junk before they leave the factory, LOL! Then the sway bar bushings. At that point your down to wheel bearings which you can check as you disassemble (should spin free with some resistance and NO notchyness or noise), inner lower arm bushings, or outter tie rod ends. Id be VERY suprised if it were lower arm bushings making the noise since they are the load bearing arm and have enuf pressure on them to keep them quiet (not IMPOSSIBLE tho, just deductive reasoning) And lastly, check the rack and inner tie rods, all that stuff moves with the suspension. And while you there, check the front spring rubbers on the top side. HOSE em with a thick chain wax type of spray, doubt they are BAD, but can be dry. Hope this help ya trouble shoot it! I HATE noises and have searched and destroyed every creak mine makes! LOL!

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks! That will help a lot when I go to replacing things. I hate doing ball joints though!! My 2nd gen killed us with those stupid things.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to do my front end this spring. If we get a spring!! I'm gonna drop it all and replace every bushing, end, arm, joint and spring. If it moves it's getting replaced. Kristen check out rockauto they have poly for $239 for my 96. I'm not sure what your may cost but remember RF members get a discount. The $239 for my truck includes every bushing arms, bed, and I think body.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks! I always forget about Rock Auto

05ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks nitrouschris and holyrambatman.

Im having the same squeak hemibabe!! Ive tried the wd40 test and cant pinpoint anything. Seems to do it when the wheels are turned or at low speeds over bumps (or cause i cant hear over the exhaust at high speed)

Would love to check on the poly kit for my truck. What is that listed under?

I love rockauto but didnt know about a discount there. How do I go about getting that???

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same problem after leveling my truck. I thought it was the end link bushings so i replaced them with no luck. Decided to install the bilsteins and remove the spacers.... problem solved. After removing the oem struts one strut would not compress and the other compressed super easy and wouldn't retract.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
05ram here ya go

5% Discount Code: 1C931D64F03F
Expires: 3/31/2013

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

RockAuto.com is an online auto parts store founded in Madison, Wisconsin in 1999 by the Taylor family. RockAuto.com now ships thousands of auto parts from over 200 manufacturers to customers worldwide.

The RockAuto Auto Parts catalog is updated daily with mechanical parts like brake pads and shock absorbers, body parts like bumpers and mirrors, interior trim like door handles and carpets, and major assemblies like steering gears, CV axles, and engine long blocks. Service manuals and CDs are available to help customers learn how to perform a repair. The RockAuto Auto Parts catalog is expanding constantly. Someday it may be possible to build an entire car using parts from RockAuto.com!

RockAuto.com prices are low every day! Order online at RockAuto Auto Parts 24 hours a day. Parts are conveniently delivered to your door. Have parts questions that must be answered accurately? RockAuto.com has excellent customer service agents ready to help you get the parts you need. E-mail [email protected] or call Toll Free, 1-866-762-5288. (Mon - Thur 7 to 10 / Fri 7 to 9 / Sat 7 to 6 / Sun 8 to 4 Central Standard Time).

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ya I've heard that wd40 actually makes it worse.

Nope I still haven't, need to badly, but money is tight. Luckily I only work not even 2 miles from home, so I basically idle to work lol.

[tapatalkin]