Switch gauge color or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Alright I have been thinking about switching my guages to the blue led like some of you have. I have been dragging my feet for some time on it. Here is why I have been dragging my feet.

1. I have the factory radio which is the infinity set-up and don't really wanna mess with it or get a new radio just to have the dials blue.

2. I have the dual temp switches that I can't change from green to blue and don't want to take the module apart and have to buy a new one if I break it.

So basically everything from the radio down would be green still except for my cupholder lights which are already blue. I just don't want it to look out of place. Like to have everything match is all or close to it.

Just lookin for some input is all.

thanks in advance

Blackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are in the same boat as I am with the green radio and temp controls. That is the reason I decided against going to a blue dash. As good as a blue dash looks I couldn't live with a blue dash and green radio and temp controls.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I have been dragging my feet on mine as well. I already lost the lights in my HVAC but it's the old school knob kind so it has been blue for a few months now.

Was thinking about changing the cluster background but now just going to stick in blue LEDs.

I agree on the radio, only thing that would be green in the truck as much as I would like it to change. I saw someone do a write up on changing the radio over to blue, they said it was a lot of work and not sure if it was worth it but did it for a learning experience.

SublimeRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I changed my gauges and HVAC out for the blue leds and switched in a radio with blue lights to match and I honestly got tired of it and switched back to stock. The blue light was a bit harsh to me, though it looked cool. In your case I'd probably just stay stock.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Interesting that it got tired for you. Was it just to glaring at night with all the blue?

SublimeRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah the glare and harshness of the light got old for me and it didn't quite look factory to me. The light wasn't even and consistent as the factory lights.

Here's an article I found on blue leds in a quick search. I have read similar things before about blue lights and our eyes.

http://texyt.com/bright+blue+leds+annoyance+health+risks

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yeah the glare and harshness of the light got old for me and it didn't quite look factory to me. The light wasn't even and consistent as the factory lights.

Here's an article I found on blue leds in a quick search. I have read similar things before about blue lights and our eyes.

Blue LEDs: A health hazard? | Texyt

Yeah I can see what you are saying... plus I'm kinda liking this guage for my transmission temp: Auto Meter