Tail lights and bumper lights stay on with key out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtecneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's going on is the truck lights are on. The parking lights and the bumper lights are on while the truck is off. No keys in. So I went under the truck from the rear and saw the passenger side bumper light plug was broke. My ******* touched them together and the lights went off and the passages side tail light was dim. So I think a wire issue lol.

Need help thanks

OP
OP
D

dtecneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The switch is off and key is out. On another forum someone said they sound like its not hooked up to the ignition. If that's the problem how do I find that out ?

OP
OP
D

dtecneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything else it could be ?

OP
OP
D

dtecneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a way to hook them up to a toggle switch at all ? And know what color wires are the tail lights ?

OP
OP
D

dtecneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Second i was back of the truck today and found where they cut the main trailer harness. The one that mounts on the bumper. i have all the fuses pulled out of the trailer but i did see that. would that be a problem ?