Tailgate falls down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
If there is a recall, by law they have to send out written notices. Everyone who is listed as the owner of the truck gets them. Are you the one who signed the papers at the dealership? If you are and there was a recall you got a notice. Maybe you were lucky and there were no recalls on your vehicles. Sometimes service dept. will say recall when it isn't a true recall. Recall is a legal term. Surely you're not trying to say that of the hundreds of thousands who got recalls on numerous vehicles, you were one who was singled out and did not get one on any vehicles. That's beyond belief. Maybe you'll win the lottery.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If there is a recall, by law they have to send out written notices. Everyone who is listed as the owner of the truck gets them. Are you the one who signed the papers at the dealership? If you are and there was a recall you got a notice. Maybe you were lucky and there were no recalls on your vehicles. Sometimes service dept. will say recall when it isn't a true recall. Recall is a legal term. Surely you're not trying to say that of the hundreds of thousands who got recalls on numerous vehicles, you were one who was singled out and did not get one on any vehicles. That's beyond belief. Maybe you'll win the lottery.
You haven't figured out where i live have you,the rules aren't quite the same where i am.Go digging eventually you'll figure out i'm not in the States, :Big Laugh: :waytogo: You're assuming everybody on here lives in the States,and that'll make you look like you know what:Big Laugh:

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
So why did you not say something to indicate that, are you hiding the place you live, or ashamed of it? Of course, I'd assume you were in the US unless you said differently. Why would I go digging to find out where you live? I don't really care. I do care about people being honest and upfront and not trying to deceive when posting.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So why did you not say something to indicate that, are you hiding the place you live, or ashamed of it? Of course, I'd assume you were in the US unless you said differently. Why would I go digging to find out where you live? I don't really care. I do care about people being honest and upfront and not trying to deceive when posting.
You're about the only guy on here,who hasn't figured out where i live,not saying much about your detective skills is it,lol.I'm not decieving anybody,i'm just telling you,they don't send recall notices to everybody,and that includes in the States. It's h!t or miss on whether you get a notice in the mail or not.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If this isn't a recall, but a campaign, then it's almost never going to have a notification letter sent out. Also, if it isn't directly connected to safety/ someone could get hurt or die, they are pretty lame about it as well.
I got a recall notification in the mail for the tailgates opening unexpectedly. I went to my dealer and it took longer for me to find a parking spot than it did for them to complete the recall inspection.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're about the only guy on here,who hasn't figured out where i live,not saying much about your detective skills is it,lol.I'm not decieving anybody,i'm just telling you,they don't send recall notices to everybody,and that includes in the States. It's h!t or miss on whether you get a notice in the mail or not.
Why would he care where you live? I certainly don't lol

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I completely agreed with you post, till you told him to try another dealer and lie to get coverage. Just one more aspect of failing to take personal repsonsibility for our own actions. He would be taking goods and labour he isn't entitled to and that is theft, plain and simple.
I did realize you're so righteous. My apologies lol. I didn't tell him to lie. Simply said don't say anything.

Roll Tide Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a recall notice in the mail months ago and never called about it. Last week I got the notice on my radio screen and finally made an appointment. I even got notices on a 2013 Corolla I bought used last year.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a recall notice in the mail months ago and never called about it. Last week I got the notice on my radio screen and finally made an appointment. I even got notices on a 2013 Corolla I bought used last year.
I recently got a recall notice for the passenger airbag on my 2004 Ford Ranger, which I've owned only 3 years.... It says that it was previously replaced as a part of a recall, and that it is being recalled again because they need to make sure the airbag was NOT installed upside down. Go figure!

captaindon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Has anyone had problems with your tailgate falling down? I have a 2022 Ram 2500. The tailgate has fallen many times. I’ve been double checking it every time I shut it but it still falls. It fell last week while pulling my camper. The tailgate was damaged by the trailer jack. There is a recall for this and my dealer said they won’t cover the damage that resulted. I’m no rocket scientist but I would think they should fix the damage. What do you all think? Thanks.
Agreed. File an appeal with Chrysler. The dealer "fixed" (not fixed) mine also. Still doesn't fully latch intermittently.

mbarry1834

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The recall covers Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups from the 2019 to 2022 model years. Stellantis is recalling about 1.4 million pickup trucks worldwide because the tailgates may not close completely and cargo could spill onto the road. The recall covers Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups from the 2019 to 2022 model years.Dec 14, 2022

Gazoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Gas 6.4L V8
I’d like to think I had something to do with the recall. I had given a formal complaint to Ram and NTSB on my 2022 2500 Longhorn about the tailgate issue back in October 2021. Ram completed dismissed it and said they hadn’t heard from anyone else on the matter and that it was likely my fault. (I’m paraphrasing). Here was why I was so concerned: I was towing a 28” trailer, the tailgate came down while I was driving and it landed on the DOWN switch for my power jack. What happened? You guessed it, Jack went down while I was driving and started scraping the ground. Luckily I was only going about 10mph and heard it. Could have been really bad.

Pro Tip: you can EASILY rotate your jack 90 degrees so that the tailgate can go all of the way down. Just takes a drill. I’ll leave it to you to search youtube fir directions.

Justthebutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The 4th gens had a recall to get the mechanism replaced due to failure, mine did it a few times, it's very frustrating lol

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Has anyone had problems with your tailgate falling down? I have a 2022 Ram 2500. The tailgate has fallen many times. I’ve been double checking it every time I shut it but it still falls. It fell last week while pulling my camper. The tailgate was damaged by the trailer jack. There is a recall for this and my dealer said they won’t cover the damage that resulted. I’m no rocket scientist but I would think they should fix the damage. What do you all think? Thanks.

The tailgate on my brand new 2019 Laramie dually had issues when I first saw it on the lot. Ram Tech had to readjust it and its been fine ever since

jman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just turn off the autolock feature until you get it fixed.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my truck 7years old..i did get a recall in the mail some months later bout the shift interlock thing...when being serviced for something else service guy tells me theres 2 other recalls that weren't addressed previously....so I dont think its fair for one to say a person is always notified about a recall......perhaps the previous owner was notified and didn't take care of it i dont know..regardless if it wasn't fixed there's still a recall on it.....and that was new to me...maybe some people just slip through the cracks sometimes huh?

Grenadiers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I've had 2 "recalls/campaigns" on my 2019 1500 Classic. I'm the first owner of this truck. I never received ANY notice on the recalls/campaigns (snail-mail, email, text, phone call, carrier pigeons, smoke signals, drum beats, etc) for either of the recalls/campaigns!!

However, they were both delt with during a regular maintenance visit to my dealer.